INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: where did my sidecar files go? [Solved]  (Read 908 times)

khollister

• Recent member
where did my sidecar files go? [Solved]
« on: February 05, 2012, 09:09:46 am »

On the last import I ran to add some new movies, there are no sidecar XML files in the movie folder like before (there is a cover art JPG file), but the metadata scraped with Carnac shows in Theater View. I can't find a setting that would have changed this. Started with 17.0.75 and is still happening on 17.0.82

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: where did my sidecar files go?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 09:11:50 am »

Sidecars are only written when you make a tagging change.  Carnac won't trigger a tag write, since everything it figured out it could just figure out again without the tag.

You could use 'Update Tags (from library)' to write sidecars.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

khollister

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 09:21:58 am »

I'm confused. What has been happening is I import MKV's, use "Get Movie & TV info ..." to lookup art and metadata and then hit "Use this data". A JPG cover art field and a JRiver sidecar file would get created in the movie folder along with the MKV.

Now I just get the cover, but the metadata is magically present in MC with no sidecar. Where are the tags stored? I didn't think MKV's could imbed tag info like MP3's?

If the tags are stored internal to the MC library, why was I getting sidecar files before? This behavior changed without an update - I was on 17.0.75 before and after - didn't change any options.

khollister

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 09:26:19 am »

When I tried to update tags, I got an error message that I had disabled this. Went looking for an option and found "Update tags when file info changes" in the Edit menu. This was deselected. Turned it on and I can now generate sidecars. Don't recall turning this off, but I'm guessing this is the missing equation (obscure Star Trek reference)?
Pages: [1]   Go Up