INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC crashes when I try to Exit Theater View [Solved]  (Read 642 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
MC crashes when I try to Exit Theater View [Solved]
« on: February 05, 2012, 07:39:58 am »

Weird problem. I can't exit Theater View (into Standard View) without MC craching. Since I boot into Theater View, I can't get to the program settings or Log either.
I have rebooted my computer (twice) and reinstalled MC 17.0.081, and even went back a version and installed .080. Same results - crash when exiting. On restart MC pops up a window about disabling some things and using default Library. i have tried this too and no change.

It started when I was playing a JTV file (recorded TV). I tried to advance/fast-fwd past the commercial. That caused a crash (somethin like BX module). Then I restarted MC and tried the same show again. Fast Forwarding resulted in a black screen with audio playing (I swa something about a 3D draw error). I had to cntl+alt+del to end MC. Restarted and that is when I couldn't exit Theater View.

I can go from Theater View to a Movie or Show, but I can't get to Standard View without crashing. So I've reinstalled MC and rebooted - what else can I do?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MC crashes when I try to Exit Theater View
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 08:51:24 am »

Please try build 82 from the top of this board.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

CountryBumkin

Re: MC crashes when I try to Exit Theater View
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 10:23:27 am »

I tried .82 but no luck.
I had to "restore my settings" (in Windows Backup and Restore). Something probably messed up a registry setting.
All is back to normal now. And version .82 is working fine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up