INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hide sidecar .xml and .jpg files  (Read 1333 times)

bilbo2112

• Junior Woodchuck
  • "We have assumed control"
Hide sidecar .xml and .jpg files
« on: February 05, 2012, 11:46:17 am »

Hi,

Since my files (movies, TY Shows, Music) are stored on a network drive and visible to all the users (even those who don't use MC), I would like the sidecar file and the cover art to be invisible to users but still visible for MC.

I know I can tel MC to store the cover art in a different folder, but what about the .xml sidecar ?

Thank you.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Hide sidecar .xml and .jpg files
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 12:23:38 pm »

It's not possible to hide sidecars.

You could tell everyone to use MC.  Or an Explorer replacement that can hide certain files.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 02:14:17 pm »

I know it isn't what you are looking for but here is what I do. Go to the folder where the files are stored and sort by type, use shift click to select all of the sidecar files, right click/properties and check the hidden box.
Sean

MrHaugen

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 04:13:51 pm »

Even more effective would be to search for *.xml and *.jpg in the root folder. Then select all of them and do as Scolex said; Properties and Hidden.

Bilbo raises a good question though. Why does it have to be this way? I have the same problem at home. An option to set the hidden attribute on the files would be very logical for those that still depend on the directory structure, and not only MC. From my command line experience it's very easy to change this attributes.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up