INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Simple Set Up Guide  (Read 796 times)

beanster

Simple Set Up Guide
« on: February 05, 2012, 12:27:45 pm »

Hi all, apologies for what may be a frequently asked question, however, as a newbie ( and not an audiophile) I (as yet) haven't found a satisfactory answer to my search.  as I have spent significant time trying (unsuccessfully) to find what I'm looking for.

I've recently downloaded J River MC17 for evaluation and with a view to using it as my MC of choice for my Movies and Audio. I am VERY much a newbee to this type of software and although I'm (hopefully) of reasonable intelligence am struggling to set up the programme as I would like. Basically, all I want to do are three things;

- Play all my You tube music vids (with associated artwork), contained on an external HDD accessed through a docking station.

- Play all my Movie (ripped from DVD) again on a separate HDD as per above, ideally with all cover art for navigation.

- Play all my Audio (ripped from CD) as per above.

As indicated I haven't found a simple step by step guide anywhere and I can't believe I'm the only one having this problem...................at least I hope not ;-))

I am very impressed with the aspects I've had some limited success at using to date and am initially very impressed.

I will certainly buy the software if I can achieve a level of competence or access knowledge to achieve the previous objectives I highlighted.

Hope you can help

Kind Regards

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Simple Set Up Guide
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 01:27:43 pm »

This link has some resources:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Getting_Started

YouTube has changed their format a couple of times recently, so make sure you have the latest build of MC.  It's currently 17.0.82.

If you have a problem, just post a question.

beanster

Re: Simple Set Up Guide
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 02:07:30 pm »

Thanks Jim, your help and patience are appreciated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up