INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New user, can I do this with MC?  (Read 1346 times)

bert003

• Recent member
New user, can I do this with MC?
« on: February 05, 2012, 04:55:26 pm »

Hi all,

I am testing MC for a few days until now.

What I want:

Build a small pc with all my audio files and MC as player. This pc will be "headless" and can only be reached by remote desktop for maintanance.

Use my laptop or maybe other pc with MC to control music.

Use an app for an iPad or Android tablet

Use room correction

Use tone control if I need, with fast access.

Use presets for eq settings / tone control.

Use the best digital output quality possible to route the output to an external DAC.

Now I am a bit overwhelmed with all options and it will take some time to understand them.

Is it possible to have always a 'playing now' list in view? I tried with split view but I found myself too often rearranging the layout again because I lost the 'playing now' section for my player. Also when using a DLNA server the player is not immediately recognized when starting up MC, and then you have to arrange all the windows again.
I really like to see the playlist just always so I can easy drag and drop music to it. Even when it's empty.

If I install MC on 2 pc's it seems like you can't use DSP studio for the player if you control this player from a remote pc. I managed to open DSP studio for the player and I could place checkmarks at some effects, but they weren't audible. "Playback stopped or doesn't support processing" I see in DSP studio. I hope this is possible.

Thanks!

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Cheers
Re: New user, can I do this with MC?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 05:33:00 pm »

You can do all of the things you want and most should be pretty straight forward.
I use my Win tablet to control MC, I use MC's native functionality for most things but also use remote session software (Team Viewer)
iOS and Androis apps work great but they are limited in functionality.
Room correction you have 2 choices the simplified "Room Correction" in DSP or "Convolution" which is for advanced room correction.
Tone control you have choices here too: Effects, EQ and Parametric EQ.
Fast Access?
Presets are easy enough especially with the AutoEQ plug-in which allows you to select which preset you want to use for every song.
Best output formats are ASIO if supported or WASAPI.
Did you try split in both Columns and Rows, I find Rows works better for me.
Can't speculate on the DSP from remote location as I have never tried and my wife has my Tablet.

Edit: If you need help with anything specific don't hesitate to ask there are many great people here with a plethora of knowledge.
Sean

bert003

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 08:06:59 am »

Thanls for the quick answers.

I tried the Auto-EQ plugin and that will be very handy for some thin sounding recordings (80's rock).

But I have layout problems which I can't find out how to solve them.

After each start of MC the layout I left on last use seems to be forgotten. When I use multiple tabs and configure them as I like, after restarting the program all tabs are the same again.
Also with split views, there are all the same after a program restart.

Also the player. I like to set a default player (zone), but after each start of the program the same (internal) player is selected.

So each time I start the program I have to configure everything again, but I can't find how to save the complete layout.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 08:29:06 am »

In options, try the startup section.

bert003

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 08:39:11 am »

I looked there but I can't find the option. to save a layout.

I use several tabs Auto-EQ, random play, Library view etc. but they all are reset to the default player after starting the program.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 09:04:57 am »

Tools -->> Options -->> Start Up -->>

at the top: Start Up Interface -->> Location: Last Location

this should cause MC to open where you left it
. . . the game is rigged

bert003

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 11:59:48 am »

Thanks that works.

Although you have to be very careful not to change the layout accidentally when 1 of the views in split view is active. It is a pitty that you can't lock a view.
Pages: [1]   Go Up