INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View and Zones  (Read 1283 times)

duskdrums

• Recent member
Theater View and Zones
« on: February 08, 2012, 12:03:32 am »

As I learn more about MC, I like it more and more. One feature suggestion and/or request for how to setup my system.

I have 2 amps: 1 generally used for music (an old MacIntosh) and one used for video (a 5.1 AVR). As per Matt's general suggestion, i have set them up as 2 zones so that I can separately configure DSP, etc. (otherwise I would probably create a specified Audio renderer within Video Settings). This has generally been working well, as I can choose what amp to use based on what zone I select.

My roomates don't understand (nor want to) all the intricacies of MC, so I want to make it as easy for them as possible. Here is the current problem:
Because zones operate in such a way that you can actually play both at the same time, if MC is set to the wrong zone, and you start playing a video, and then change the zone, the original file continues to play. This is particularly problematic when in Theater View where it is not at all easy to even tell which zone you are using. I would rather this work more like an AV Switch (or A/B/A+B) than an actual multi-zone operation.

Now, I realize this is probably a request that is both not easy and maybe contradicts others' use of zones (and building in the option is probably a lot of work).

So a second-best solution would be constant information in Theater View indicating the zone being used. It could go in the upper right or left hand corner and would not be distracting. (If you decide to take this on, I would also LOVE a clock in the same or opposite corner). That way, as I scroll through Theater View, I always know what zone I'm currently browsing in. and I can use a remote control to switch between them if I start in the wrong zone for what I want to do at that time.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Cheers
Re: Theater View and Zones
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 03:26:22 am »

Would something like this work for you? In pic 1 the cursor is not hovering over the zone info (if you look closely you can see it), in pic 2 the cursor is over the designated area,
"Print Screen" does not show the cursor, sorry. The zone information can always be visible but I prefer a hidden object for this, if you want it to be either/or it is a simple change, you can also add a clock or many other items with a little research and editing of a text file.

PS: This is something that I just quickly threw together so it is not very aesthetically pleasing.
Sean

xplain

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 03:34:45 am »

This is also a possibility:

In upper left corner you can see the zone,
it can be put anywhere on the screen you like.

Thomas

duskdrums

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 07:55:02 am »

I guess the main difference between these two is that Scolex's is when you are actually browsing media whereas Xplain's is in the main roller. I'd obviously love to have the info displayed in both.

Scolex, I think I prefer the more visible option. What text file can I edit to add these types of eliments? Xplain, yours theme looks very good.

xplain

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 09:07:38 am »

In the folder of the skin you are using there is file named main.xml

In that file you ad this:

<TEXT>
    <Item Text="[Time]" Location="*" TextColor="FFFFFF" Rect="RootText\50,0,100,100" Capitalization="0" Alignment="1" Alpha="50" Size="[Medium Text Height]" />
    <Item Text="([Zone])" Location="***" TextColor="ffffff" Rect="02,00,100,13" Capitalization="3" Alignment="0" Alpha="50" Size="[Medium Text Height]" />
  </TEXT>

Paste it at the buttom of the document, just above where it says

</MJFS>

Then You will have the Zone on every pages.

If You don't like the position of the text, then play around with these settings

Rect="02,00,100,13

Thomas

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Cheers
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 10:58:05 am »

Mine is actually coming from a third party app called Rainmeter which is software for making desktop gadgets it has a plethora of capabilities.
There are a couple of different ways to get information from MC with it either using the Rainmeter's PlayingNow.dll along with the intcad100 plugin or it's WebParser.
Rainmeter
intcad100 version information
webparser version information
Sean
Pages: [1]   Go Up