INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stuttering Video  (Read 966 times)

DaveMan538

• Recent member
  • So much good music. So little time...
Stuttering Video
« on: February 08, 2012, 11:40:22 pm »

Over the summer. MC worked well, playing all kinds of regular and high def videos (disk and HDD based).  Through the fall, I was busy with other efforts and did not play video at all.  Recently, I've been unable to play video of any type without stuttering and periods of "slow motion".

I've un- and re- installed MC with no luck.  I even restored a backup of my Win 7 install from last June and still no luck.  Currently, I'm running MC 17.0.82 using Red October Standard.

The frustrating part is that these videos will play in Windows Media Player, and Cyberlink PowerDVD 10.

I'm hoping for suggestions on what to test and/or where to look for issues.  Thanks!

DaveMan538

• Recent member
Re: Stuttering Video
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 12:10:47 am »

Unfortunately, I'm now noticing the stuttering in audio files as well.  I tested a 16/44.1 FLAC ripped from a CD and a 24/192 FLAC from HD Tracks.  Both played fine in Media Monkey.

This seems to be an application wide issue.

(BTW, Tea for the Tillerman is a stunning release!  Fantastic ear candy.  Thanks to HD Tracks!   ;D

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 04:21:16 pm »

You might work through this:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Setup

In particular, the audio output mode and buffering settings.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

DaveMan538

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 09:36:06 pm »

::)  I must confess to feeling a little sheepish at what I've found.  I unchecked the "Run Auto Import in the background" checkbox and almost everything works now!  The library does include several local folders of audio and video and folder of photos on another computer on the network. 

Thanks Matt for jumping in there.  I'm still going to review your link to make sure everything is set up correctly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up