INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo 53 crash - Solved  (Read 2154 times)

chrisxyz

• Recent member
Gizmo 53 crash - Solved
« on: January 26, 2012, 07:29:16 am »

Hi everybody!
I am new to the forum and first of all, I would like to tell you that I am very happy with MC (especially I enjoyed the audio quality!). Unfortunately, the recent update of Gizmo (53) caused major issues: Gizmo crashed during connecting to MC (I got the message “Looking up access key..”, then the monitor of the phone became black, the phone was blocked and after some seconds I got the Android-info that Gizmo unexpectedly stopped, I should try again... (which did not help)).

I deinstalled Gizmo and reinstalled it, but got the same troubles after typing in my library server access key. In MC, I checked my connection under “media network”. The server is reachable from the local network, but not from the internet (for me this seems to be OK as I ´do not want to use Gizmo outside my home network).

Is there a fix for this problem? Or at least, is there a possibility to download the previous version of Gizmo?  I would be very happy about this as at the moment I can not play music (please see the description of my system below).

I had similar crashes of Gizmo even with the previous version when I tried to connect to my Audio PC “too early” (during booting of the PC).  However, I did not care about, I only had to wait for some seconds and everything worked very fine...

Kind regards
Chris

My system: MC 17 (17.0.68) on a small audio-PC in my living room which is directly connected to a DAC (Toslink). The PC has no mouse, keyboard or monitor. The music is stored on the audio-PC (no streaming). LAN connection by WIFI. MC is solely operated by Gizmo. I use a second PC in my workroom for ripping (file exchange using a network drive) and maintainance of the Audio PC (using Teamviewer). Gizmo is installed on a Galaxy Tab 7” / Android 2.2.

chrisxyz

• Recent member
Re: Gizmo 53 crash
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 07:44:06 am »

Hi, it is me again
I am very sorry, I forgot to mention that I also tried to switch off the firewall and to use MC 16. No change..
Kind regards,
chris

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 08:45:27 am »

I am new to the forum and first of all, I would like to tell you that I am very happy with MC (especially I enjoyed the audio quality!). Unfortunately, the recent update of Gizmo (53) caused major issues: Gizmo crashed during connecting to MC (I got the message “Looking up access key..”, then the monitor of the phone became black, the phone was blocked and after some seconds I got the Android-info that Gizmo unexpectedly stopped, I should try again...

In MC, I checked my connection under “media network”. The server is reachable from the local network, but not from the internet (for me this seems to be OK as I ´do not want to use Gizmo outside my home network).
You're correct about that.
I had similar crashes of Gizmo even with the previous version when I tried to connect to my Audio PC “too early” (during booting of the PC).

My system: MC 17 (17.0.68) on a small audio-PC in my living room which is directly connected to a DAC (Toslink). The PC has no mouse, keyboard or monitor. The music is stored on the audio-PC (no streaming). LAN connection by WIFI. MC is solely operated by Gizmo. I use a second PC in my workroom for ripping (file exchange using a network drive) and maintainance of the Audio PC (using Teamviewer). Gizmo is installed on a Galaxy Tab 7” / Android 2.2.
You said "phone" above but "Tab" here.  Is it just the Samsung Galaxy Tab you're using?  It should work.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 08:47:42 am »

You could try WebGizmo from the Tab.  It might give you another clue.  See the wiki for information.

chrisxyz

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 09:18:00 am »

Hi Jim!
thanks a lot for your rapid response! Yes, I am using the Galaxy Tab (the very first 7" Version - I love it). It is also a phone (except that it looks very funny if you use it for telephone calls), sorry for the ambiguous formulation. It worked very well with many previous versions of Gizmo (I changed nothing on my computer, I only updated Gizmo).

I also thought on using Webgizmo and of course will have a look on it, but is there at least the possibility to reinstall the previous version of Gizmo, it would help a lot (I could play music immediately)?

Any ideas about other solutions?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 09:50:05 am »

We may be able to test on that device.

Try generating a new access key on the PC.

chrisxyz

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 10:10:13 am »

Thanks a lot for testing!
I changed the access key: unfortunately no effect.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 10:52:23 am »

Please try an update.   We found a problem with the version of Java being used.

chrisxyz

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 12:56:54 pm »

I updatd to the new version: Everything is OK!!
A new version for download just some hours after my first posting, thats really good support! It could not be better! Thank you very much!

Kind regards
Chris

Mr. Natural

• Recent member
Re: Gizmo 53 crash - Solved
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2012, 02:15:43 am »

Hi all,

I had the same problem with Gizmo crashing... I just installed the update and everything is working fine now. Kudoz for that!

Matt
Pages: [1]   Go Up