INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How can I play 3GP video files from my phone via DLNA?  (Read 1703 times)

greg.smalter

• World Citizen
How can I play 3GP video files from my phone via DLNA?
« on: December 26, 2011, 11:38:44 pm »

My phone saves videos in 3GP format. If I copy these files to my MC server, I can play them on an MC client (using Gizmo!) fine. But, if I start up my phone's DLNA service and try to play to the same MC client, it fails saying that the format is not supported.

I'm guessing this means that MC DLNA destinations do not support 3GP as a format, but it works in the first case because the MC server knows to transcode the file into something the MC client can understand. But in the second case, my phone doesn't know to do this and so it fails.

Is there anyway I can play videos from my phone using DLNA and MC, or no?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How can I play 3GP video files from my phone via DLNA?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 08:05:11 am »

My phone saves videos in 3GP format. If I copy these files to my MC server, I can play them on an MC client (using Gizmo!) fine. But, if I start up my phone's DLNA service and try to play to the same MC client, it fails saying that the format is not supported.

I'm guessing this means that MC DLNA destinations do not support 3GP as a format, but it works in the first case because the MC server knows to transcode the file into something the MC client can understand. But in the second case, my phone doesn't know to do this and so it fails.

Is there anyway I can play videos from my phone using DLNA and MC, or no?
DLNA has conversion options.

greg.smalter

• World Citizen
Re: How can I play 3GP video files from my phone via DLNA?
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 08:13:19 am »

I have video conversion set to "MP4 (best for phones)."
Pages: [1]   Go Up