INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What happened to the List View?  (Read 2358 times)

Bengi010

• World Citizen
What happened to the List View?
« on: February 13, 2012, 04:18:00 pm »

I'm not sure how to explain this exactly, but something has changed.  Not sure if I accidently changed a setting or this is from the newest update. 

Before when I used a list view I could sort by multiple columns.  For example, in Video if I clicked on media subtype, then series, then season then episode it would sort all the files in that order, so that all movies were together and all tv shows were together below movies, and within a subtype each series was sorted alphabetically and within each series it was sorted by season and within each season by episode... hope that makes sense

Now I can only select one column at a time so that clicking media subtype sorts everything by subtype, then clicking series would resort everything by series and so on, so that I can't possibly make the list sort so that each series is together sorted by season and episode. 

Does that make sense?  I just want to go back to the way it was yesterday.
Intel Core i-5 6600K, Asus Z170-A ATX Motherboard, Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, Asus Xonar Essence STX,
                                          Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 1000w PSU, Lian-Li PC-B25F ATX Tower,
                                   Dell S2716DG G-Sync Monitor & AOC 2230 Monitor, Corsair Hydro H60 Cooler,
                                                                    Windows 10, JRiver MC 23

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: What happened to the List View?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 05:59:02 pm »

Is Group By is set to 'None' on the tab drop-down menu?

Bengi010

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 10:09:42 pm »

Yes.

I feel like something in the program has changed, has no one else noticed this?  Something about the layout looks different, I think it's the bar with the column names at the top, I don't know but something subtle definitely looks different. 

Like I said above it used to be when I clicked a column header a little arrow pointing either up or down with a number next to it.  Every column I selected after the first one became number 1 and previous ones all counted up.  I'm sure you're all familiar with this scheme.  Now there are no arrows, no numbers.
Intel Core i-5 6600K, Asus Z170-A ATX Motherboard, Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, Asus Xonar Essence STX,
                                                                    Windows 10, JRiver MC 23

Bengi010

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 11:20:34 am »

I have pictures of what I'm talking about now. but can't figure out how to insert them here.  I see the button but I don't get how it works... help?
                                                                    Windows 10, JRiver MC 23

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Bengi010

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 11:46:37 am »

All I want to do is take a picture I took from my laptop of the way list view should look, and another from my desktop of how it looks now and import them into this post.  Both pictures are saved as jpg on my hard drive. 

The easy and obvious thing would be to have a button called import picture that when clicked allows you to browse for the picture you want and then to import it.  Going through all this craziness of importing the picture into media center, then uploading to a server then finding a link or whatever is way too complicated.

BTW I tried to do that and I got to the part where it asks me to create a gallery name and a subtitle and frankly I have no idea what I'm supposed to do, just make something up?  and then how would I find it?   Frankly I'm amazed anyone goes to the trouble of using pictures at all if this is the only way to do it.
                                                                    Windows 10, JRiver MC 23

MrC

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 11:47:55 am »

Hang in there... it really isn't that difficult.

Don't use MC to upload images if you don't want.  Just use the image sharing service of your choice.  I use Photobucket, others use ImageShack, etc.

Until you've posted a certain number of threads, you won't have attachment privs (this helps avoid new users from doing untoward things), so you have to use an external service to host the images.  Then you just post the URLs here.

This forum is SMF forum software - a quick guide I found via google "SMF bbcode" is:

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=57.0

Bengi010

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 12:01:57 pm »

Ok, so assuming this works the first image is what my desktop looks like now, with the new silver colored header that I can only select one column at a time.

The second picture is what used to look like with the arrows and numbers I mentioned before circled.

So now assuming you can see what I'm talking about does anyone know what happened?
                                                                    Windows 10, JRiver MC 23

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 12:06:25 pm »

It seems like skinning isn't working for header controls.

What if you use the Noire skin?  Does the Options dialog look properly skinned?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

MrC

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 12:14:04 pm »

The silver header color may be due to the skin you're using.  Try testing with a default skin.

The lack of sort indicators may be due to this problem as well?  Test the above first.

Bengi010

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2012, 12:14:25 pm »

This is the options dialogue in the Purity skin.  It looks ok to me.

This is the Noire Skin.  It still doesn't work like it's supposed to.
                                                                    Windows 10, JRiver MC 23

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 12:20:02 pm »

Skinning isn't working.  Options shouldn't have a glass frame.

This means anything that uses Windows controls in the user interface will look wrong.

This is not a common issue, so I would suspect some third-party program interfering.  Security software, virus checker, etc.?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Bengi010

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2012, 12:31:04 pm »

Hmm, I didn't notice that.  I use Microsoft security essentials and I'm shocked but turning it off fixed the problem.   Any idea why?  And what should I do cause I really like MSE and I'm not about to not use an anti virus just to make lists work properly.
                                                                    Windows 10, JRiver MC 23

Bengi010

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2012, 12:33:04 pm »

Ok nevermind that last question.  I turned MSE back on and J River is still working fine.  I guess it was just some random glitch.  Thanks I would never have thought of that.
                                                                    Windows 10, JRiver MC 23

rick.ca

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2012, 04:55:23 pm »

FWIW, I often (perhaps less often recently) see this when MC is restarted after a crash. It seems to me restarting it again fixes it. I assume a crash isn't the cause here, or you would have mentioned it. But maybe the "glitch" isn't entirely random... :-\

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2012, 08:13:53 pm »

I use MSSE and I've never seen such a thing.

You don't have any third-party Windows skinning engine running, do you?  Nothing like WindowBlinds or anything?  It also might make me suspect a virus or a mucked-up system file.  But, it could also be graphics drivers, I suppose, or random security application interference.  They're both so flaky and touchy sometimes.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up