INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: m3u8 files  (Read 2023 times)

christefan

• Recent member
m3u8 files
« on: February 11, 2012, 02:02:39 pm »

What should I classify m3u8 files as?  There got imported as data but that leaves them in a 'VIDEO' smartlist that includes blu-ray so it has to have 'data included but I don't want an audio playlist file in that smartlist group.  There is no 'media sub type' of audio so you can differentiate video and audio in the sub type category---is there a solution to this problem?  thanks for any help, yes i'm a noob

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: m3u8 files
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 02:07:57 pm »

Currently ISO file get imported as data.  If they're a Blu-ray movie, you should change the Media Type to Video.  We're exploring if we can do a better job with ISO files in the future.

I wouldn't expect m3u8 files to be imported at all.  How are you using them?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

christefan

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 12:20:57 am »

they imported as data with a small import i did of a few cds---i'm redoing my audio import because the last attempt of all maybe 40k from cds broken part way through because mc17 didn't like a particular m4v file which i tried to refer to matt but it wouldn't go through my mail at 35mb.  the m3u8 files are now sitting in my library and they're also in a 'video' smart list that was intended only for video files including blu-ray isos---no i'm not ripping a few hundred blu-ray isos just to work with jriver.  as the 'complete' solution you're software should handle blu-ray and dvd isos just like a video file.

on an aside, what's with all the crashing of this app? i can be doing some tag maintenence or file browsing and then i pick something to play and the app crashes.  after a restart the same file will play just fine.  you guys also need a better datbase for video and film there are zillions import errors where a 2 hour movie file gets the proper thumbnail and even sometime the films info but ends up tagged as an audio file dictating item by item checking of the tags on files

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 11:36:33 am »

on an aside, what's with all the crashing of this app? i can be doing some tag maintenence or file browsing and then i pick something to play and the app crashes.  after a restart the same file will play just fine.  you guys also need a better datbase for video and film there are zillions import errors where a 2 hour movie file gets the proper thumbnail and even sometime the films info but ends up tagged as an audio file dictating item by item checking of the tags on files

Please use Help > Logging.  Look for what's happening before the word 'crashing' in the previous log after a crash.

There's probably a single problem file.  We would appreciate a copy of the file.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up