INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Browser Gizmo calls MCWS Action=PLAY&Zone= but not being set  (Read 1638 times)

Yummycarp

• Recent member
Browser Gizmo calls MCWS Action=PLAY&Zone= but not being set
« on: February 11, 2012, 10:49:23 pm »

1. Using http://homepc:52199 shows a Gizmo interface

2. Select a zone and click on a movie icon to play from video. This calls javascript:download_jump_playing_now( stuff.. Action=PLAY&Zone=10003.

3. Movie starts playing but does not change to zone sent from gizmo.

4. I also can choose other movies but it always shows the same movie image and title on the next screen with the play button.

Maybe I'll have better luck with a different remote app. I need the zone set when PLAY is selected because my offline DVD changer script needs the zone info for the movies in the changer.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Browser Gizmo calls MCWS Action=PLAY&Zone= but not being set
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 11:32:19 pm »

Should it switch zones?

For audio, it's legitimate to control non-active zones.  But maybe starting video playback should always switch to that zone?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Yummycarp

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 10:34:45 am »

I observe...

1. When I click on a James Bond video in browser gizmo showing zone Kitchen it starts movie on server but does not change the zone to kitchen. it plays it in the currently selected zone in MC17 which could be Bedroom. I see that it is passing the correct zone. These are .iso files. I also see that gizmo shows the wrong image for the movie selected when it displays the next screen with the play and stop buttons. It seems to be displaying the title and image of the previously selected movie and not the last selected movie. It is off by one.

I also mentioned gizmo is passing the correct zone value in its Action=PLAY call to MCWS. After that, I do my own call to MCWS for current zone info and it also just indicates the current zone is the one selected in MC17 server. The remote has changed nothing visually and has not set the currentzone info.

What i expect is to see the playing now icon turn green for the zone the movie was PLAYed to and for the movie to play in the requested zone and for my call to MCWS to return the correct currentzone info.

Yummycarp

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 10:59:55 am »

I think my biggest problem was not using the correct app. I see there is a WEB-Remote app and I was using WEB-Gizmo as the remote control app.

SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION !!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up