INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: back to mj8.393 from mc9  (Read 974 times)

mn19521

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
back to mj8.393 from mc9
« on: March 21, 2003, 09:19:48 pm »

I have tried posting this as a reply to the same subject 5 times now.  Each time when I go to preview it bounces me out telling me i have to login or register.  Each time I log in and get a welcome.  I am getting tired of posting this.  That is why a new topic.  To the topic:

We purchased mj8 jan 21 03.  Out of curosity I tried mc9, I shouldn't have since I haven't mastered 8 yet.  I have been trying to go back for several hours now.  I installed from mj8.393 to mc9.133 from a web site I found in this forum under the mc9 topic.  I have tried going back first just selecting mj8 it didn't work, uninstalled mc9 and selected mj8, that didn't work, found a topic under mj8 and manually installed what were defined as the back up jmd files over what I thought were the mc9 jmd files (four for four) and tried again.  it didn't work.  Each time the same message telling me the data base is too new for mj and to get the new version of mj.  Please help.  It is getting really late or early.  Thank you very much

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: back to mj8.393 from mc9
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2003, 12:58:23 am »

Uninstall MJ8 And Or MC9

Delete

C:\Program Files\J River

Reinstall

That Will Fix It

===============================

I think For You To Run MC9 You Will Need To Pay An Upgrade Fee.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

mn19521

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2003, 02:56:59 pm »

This is the third time I have tried thanking you.  Each time I log in find your reply to me and type this reply.  Each time I preview the message and it bounces me back to tell me that I must be registered to reply, what gives?  I hope it works this time.

After the second attempt, I am now back where I started at mj8.394.  Thank you very much for your help.  Now, if I should become curious again, where should I attempt to download the most recent working version of mc 9?  What should I do with MJ8 so that I don't have this problem again? Where do I find out what I must pay to use MC9.  34.98 seems a bit high since we just paid 24 something in late January for mj 8.  Again, thanks very much for saving me and my computer.  I am again enjoying great music.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2003, 03:13:27 pm »

http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/buy_faq_9.html

>> 34.98 seems a bit high since we just
>> paid 24 something in late January for mj 8.
yes look at the link above it tells you how to get it at a discount.

here is a short snip

If you previously purchased Media Jukebox 8 and now want to upgrade to Media Center 9, make sure Media Jukebox 8 is correctly licensed with a version 8 license.  Then install Media Center 9 and select the "Buy" option from within the program. Verify the price is correct and that the product contains the word "upgrade;".

you should go to the Download Page Or Normaly to the first message in the MC9 forum for a link to download.

the link in the forum should always be a newer build than what is on the download page.

they only update the link to the download page when they feel that that version is stable.

but right now the beta in the forum is stable and should be going to RC1 soon
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up