INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MOG for JRiver  (Read 2863 times)

jimmy neutron

• World Citizen
MOG for JRiver
« on: February 12, 2012, 07:25:16 pm »

Been playing around with MOG music for that last couple of days and I gotta say it's a pretty sweet app. Would be great if it can be integrated into JRiver.

Well? Any chance?  :)

Jimmy
Custom PC based music systems and information panels....really.
www.jdsmarthome.com

jimmy neutron

• World Citizen
Re: MOG for JRiver
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 08:16:36 am »

No interest here? Bummer  :'(
Custom PC based music systems and information panels....really.
www.jdsmarthome.com

kaiynne

• World Citizen
  • I Changed this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 08:22:04 am »

I would love to see it.

Not sure if there would be licensing issues etc for them to get it going though.

hulkss

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 10:43:33 pm »

I'm not sure which internet music service is the best, but I would like to see one of the best ones integrated so I can play it through the dsp engine.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Cheers
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 01:45:41 am »

I'm not sure which internet music service is the best, but I would like to see one of the best ones integrated so I can play it through the dsp engine.

My personal preference is Pandora but I would like to see all browser audio ported to the DSP or at least the ability to maintain exclusivity so I don't get system sounds when playing web media. I could disable my sounds but there are times that they are needed (important email).
Sean

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 07:12:47 am »

hulkss,
Have you tried Performer?  It's in MC now.  Unlimited streaming for about $12/month.  30 day free trial.

)p(

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 08:38:16 am »

hulkss,
Have you tried Performer?  It's in MC now.  Unlimited streaming for about $12/month.  30 day free trial.

Is there any chance performer will upgrade its streaming bitrate and include radio features similar to spotify/mog?

kaiynne

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 06:18:22 am »

Is the performer store exclusive to JRiver, or do you guys just have an exclusive arrangement with them?  Feel free to not answer either of those questions.

I was pretty much using MOG as a stopgap while I was waiting to get all of my media organized and a decent HT set up again, but now that MC 17 is fully installed and pretty much configured I haven't had much use for it.  Better playlist control in MC17 and while there are a few things on MOG that I have yet to rip, the effort of opening up a browser and logging in etc vs just grabbing my touchpad running cyanogen mod and selecting a song in gizmo is jsut not worth it.  Not to mention the difference in SQ vs lossless flac files...

All that said having the option would be nice and I would imagine that with how new a lot of these services are that integration into MC17 would be something they would absolutely love to happen.  Pandora, Spotify Mog etc, the more the merrier.

I would also imagine that they also have some sort of referral program I know I pay like 15 bucks a month or something for MOG vs paying $30 to JRiver for MC17...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 08:55:15 am »

The Performer Store is ours.  We built it.

Integrating other services is something we might like to do, but it is time consuming, especially if we don't get any cooperation.  Most of the services are restricted by the record labels on how they can remarket their products through other companies.

kaiynne

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2012, 06:42:54 pm »

The Performer Store is ours.  We built it.

Ok I figured that might be the case, and I think that is a great idea, to make sure that even if you can't get integration with other services that JRiver users still have access to a subscription model.
Pages: [1]   Go Up