INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ah! Recording will not stop.  (Read 1228 times)

greg.smalter

• World Citizen
Ah! Recording will not stop.
« on: February 11, 2012, 12:16:48 pm »

I started recording a show by hitting the record button while watching it. Everything went fine. When the show ended, though, the recording continued. In the guide, the program item showed a Record option instead of a Cancel Recording option, indicating that it wasn't being recorded. But, while watching the show, it said Recording On, press left or right arrow to cancel. I did - nothing happened. Going into standard view, I can see that it is currently recording. Also, if I check the status of the tuners, it says it is recording. I can't figure out how to stop it. I stopped playback but recording continued.

This is really a few issues:

1. There's really no good way to see if recording is taking place in theater view (the EPG doesn't show it unless you drill down into an item, and even then it can report the wrong thing).

2. The Recording On/Off can fail to work when watching a show.

3. The behavior of the ad-hoc Record button isn't obvious. I guess sometimes it's nice for it to continue past the show you are watching, but it's not clear that's going to happen. Also, even explicitly stopping it actually worked, what is the default behavior if I don't? To record until my hard drive is full?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Ah! Recording will not stop.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 04:29:30 pm »

Are you using MC as a Library Server client?  As a server?  Or stand-alone?

There may be an issue with library server client.  If the TV tuner is on a library server client, the behavior of MC TV is not quite well defined.  It is best for now to keep tuners on either the server or on stand-alone stations.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

greg.smalter

• World Citizen
Re: Ah! Recording will not stop.
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 09:52:02 pm »

I'm using MC as a Library Server client, yes.

Obviously the ideal situation would be that recordings would happen on the server. But, if it just behaved as though I was in standalone mode it would still not be any worse than WMC or other products. The behavior I'm getting though is a major reason I can't switch away from WMC.

It looks like I'm going to have to abandon a single library setup and set up a brand new library on the HTPC that happens to point to the same network drive location as the existing library.

Are my needs really that out of band with the rest of the world? WMC doesn't even support recording to network drives. XBMC doesn't even officially support Live TV, and when I use MC I feel like I'm on the outer fringe of what it's intended for. It seems like MC users who know what Convolution is outnumber those who watch live television.
Pages: [1]   Go Up