INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving From MyMovies To MC Question  (Read 1409 times)

mbc0

• Recent member
Moving From MyMovies To MC Question
« on: March 03, 2012, 03:59:00 pm »

Hi,

I currently have 1700 movies & 3000 TV Series Episodes configured with MyMovies in Windows 7 MCE but after being so fed up with the dull MCE interface I have decided to take the plunge & migrate over to MC.  I have immediately been faced with these 2 "Challenges"

Movies....  Currently All my 1700 movies are in the following file/folder structure examples

\\PROLIANTSERVER\Movie Pool\#-A\22 Bullets (2010) [Blu-Ray] [HCSUBS] [FR]\22 Bullets 2010 BRRip XvidHD HC Eng SUBS 720p.avi
\\PROLIANTSERVER\Movie Pool\R-S\Race To Witch Mountain (2009) [Blu-Ray]\1.avi

As you can see the folders are named for Mymovies to recognize the movie & it doesn't care about the filename, from what I can see MC DOES care about the filename & renaming 1700+ movies which be a VERY time consuming project & that's before I get to the TV Series!

TV Series....Currently All my 3000 TV Series Episodes are in the following file/folder structure examples

\\PROLIANTSERVER\TV Series\E-F\A Bit Of Fry And Laurie\Series 1\S01E01.avi
\\PROLIANTSERVER\TV Series\O-P\Outnumbered\Series 2\S02E03.avi

With this folder structure & file naming system I have I cannot get MC to recognize my episodes at all & if I click "Get Movie & TV Info" I get the message "Some of the selected files are not eligible for 'Get Movie & TV Info' because Television shows must have a numeric Season and Episode value. 

I REALLY have spent hours going through wiki & these forums and cannot find a solution, can anyone please help?

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Moving From MyMovies To MC Question
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 06:43:20 am »

I think you wil be able to use the "Fill Properties from Filename" feature to get most of your collection in MC. But you will probably still need to use the "Get Movie & TV Info" to fill in the blanks.
I switched from usung MYMovies to MC too, but my filenames where a little more intuitive such as "\\ServerName\TV Series\SeriesName S01.E02 EpisodeName. mkv". This was easy for MC to workwith.
 Since your TV series filenames have the Series name, season, and episode numbers it should not be a problem for MC.
On your Movies, you have the movie name in the filename so MC shoulkd be able to pickup on these too. Read about "Carnac". Try a couple first, once you work out the details on the filename conversion you can do a "global" change.
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Carnac

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Moving From MyMovies To MC Question
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 10:17:57 am »

I just went through the same switch.

For Movies, I used a tool I found http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=47574.0 that does "MyMovies to MC" conversion. Export your collection of Movies to xml, Then run the tool using the xml. Then MC sees the movies just like it is in My Movies (Actually I think the tool puts the description somewhere else (it is four years old), but it is a simple thing to move it to the right field using "Copy Move Fields" in MC.

I can help with TV shows too. I have had better success with a "dot" between the season and episode. But S and E do work. I use "The Renamer" http://www.therenamer.com/ to look up titles I am missing and it renames them anyway you want. I use the default and MC picks them up.
I know of your complaint about titles not being importable. Here's the trick. Instead of importing the folder, do an Autoimport of the TV shows, and choose Get TV and Movie info there. It will scrape what it can, and not complain about the unscrapable ones. :)

Don

Pages: [1]   Go Up