INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does MC have a duplicate image finder?  (Read 1401 times)

Bengi010

• World Citizen
Does MC have a duplicate image finder?
« on: February 16, 2012, 10:02:03 pm »

I'm in the process of importing my pictures into MC and I'm finding that I have a lot of duplicates.  They are all mixed up in different folders and pretty much a mess so sorting by filename isn't going to work.  I'm wondering if MC has a function like another program I have forgotten the name of that actually analyzes each photo and finds matches based on pixels?
Intel Core i-5 6600K, Asus Z170-A ATX Motherboard, Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, Asus Xonar Essence STX,
                                          Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 1000w PSU, Lian-Li PC-B25F ATX Tower,
                                   Dell S2716DG G-Sync Monitor & AOC 2230 Monitor, Corsair Hydro H60 Cooler,
                                                                    Windows 10, JRiver MC 23

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Cheers
Re: Does MC have a duplicate image finder?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 09:09:28 am »

I use a smart list configured like below.
Sean

HiFiTubes

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 01:05:03 pm »

But is there a way to have MC limit the display to just one, or display all copies but one....so we can then easily delete?

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 02:12:15 pm »

You can have the Smartlist Show only non dups or Show only the dups.

Since you're going to delete, you probably want some control over which one you want to delete.  This is best done by sorting or grouping, based on some field such as any of Filename, Filename (path), Date Imported, Date Created, etc. where you can see which collection you're interested in.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up