INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC crashing on network  (Read 1383 times)

jimmy neutron

• World Citizen
MC crashing on network
« on: February 18, 2012, 12:53:51 am »

Here's a strange thing that happens with every one of my MC PC's. I have my movies on a dedicated HTPC in the family room. This HTPC sits on my network ( all my PC's are hard-wired, not wireless. I loath wireless ). I have 3 other HTPC's in my home that also sit on my home network and I've got MC set up on them to automatically import and stream movies from my family room HTPC for playback. Everything works like a champ, no issues whatsoever on seeing and playback of movies. The problem arrises when I have the living room HTPC turn off and I turn on one of my other HTPC's. When they turn on and MC starts up, if I press ANY button or even press ANYWHERE on the screen MC will turn white and freeze. Someties MC returns, but again if I make any selection it turns white and freezes. At first I did not know what this was, so I began to troubleshoot. It seems MC just waits for a connection to whatever library in the config - in my case it will be my movie library on my livingroom HTPC. If I don't make any selection in MC and just let it sit there after about 10 minutes it will begin to work fine, obviously with no access to my movies since the livingroom HTPC is off. Flip side: if the livingroom HTPC is on and I turn on any other HTPC in the house, then MC will load up and be ready for playback immediately with no freezing.

So my question is is this normal? Can something be done to keep MC from sitting for 10 minutes or so waiting for a connection to another HTPC on the network?

Jimmy
Custom PC based music systems and information panels....really.
www.jdsmarthome.com

jimmy neutron

• World Citizen
Re: MC crashing on network
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 01:54:16 am »

No one else having this issue with their home network? Hmmmm.... i wonder if it can be something in how i've set up my PC'c to share files. Thoughts?

Jimmy
Custom PC based music systems and information panels....really.
www.jdsmarthome.com

vroom

• Recent member
Re: MC crashing on network
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 02:20:55 pm »

Oddly enough, I am having the same issue. I have to wait a few minutes while the connection is made to my HTPC. Reviing an old thread here I know, so did you find a work around? Is it a network issue?
Pages: [1]   Go Up