INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Configure MCE Remote  (Read 1058 times)

bassmann

• Recent member
Configure MCE Remote
« on: February 18, 2012, 01:36:21 am »

Hi,

Just bought a new remote to use with JR17 (on Win7x64) and some buttons work and others don't.

It's a Sunwave SMR-140;

http://sun-wave.com/indexe.php?module=productse&area_id=1167361143&product_id=1167362712&action=1&title=Products&title2=PC%20Remote&title3=SMR140%20Media%20PC%20Remote%20Control

Looks to be the same as the Fractal Desgin Shape Remote found here;

http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/shape-htpc-remote-control-by-fractal-design.79621/

The remote says its MCE compliant and critical controls work like arrow keys, mouse, media control keys Play, Pause etc.

What's not working are things like the green button, hot keys and volume controls.

What Ive tried so far to fix
- In JR i've gone into Tools>Options>Remote Control and set Devices & Options to Microsoft MCE

- I've then gone into Commands to try and train non working keys by selecting Start Learning with the desired command highlighted (e.g. Volume Up) then pressed the crossesponding key on the remote followed by Stop Leaning. This has no effect as the Learned Trigger Code still shows ?

Any tips on how to ge this remote working appreciated.

Bassmann

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Configure MCE Remote
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 04:13:56 am »

- I've then gone into Commands to try and train non working keys by selecting Start Learning with the desired command highlighted (e.g. Volume Up) then pressed the crossesponding key on the remote followed by Stop Leaning.

You need to press the corresponding key until Media Center returns 'code learned' or something similar.  By pressing 'Stop Learning', you are ending the 'learn' process prematurely and the code is not being learned.

I hope this helps,

Alex

bassmann

• Recent member
Re: Configure MCE Remote
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 06:33:03 am »

Thanks,

I just discovered if I change the input device from MS MCE to Remote, keyboard, gamepad etc...i can get it to learn...
Does this mean its not a MCE complient remote?

Been able to get the volume and hotkeys working but can't get the green button assigned. What command should I assign the green button to so it launches media centre?

Thanks,

Bassmann
Pages: [1]   Go Up