INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 17.0.89 Shuts Down After Just 3-4 Minutes  (Read 1233 times)

Davos

• Recent member
MC 17.0.89 Shuts Down After Just 3-4 Minutes
« on: February 17, 2012, 10:59:53 pm »

I'm pretty new to Media Center and this forum. I purchased version 17.0.82 several months ago and had problems with it shutting down. I could get it back up again by rebooting my Win 7 computer, but it would only stay stable for one or two tunes. Then the error message: Something went wrong with playback. Closing MC17 and reopening it didn't restore playback. Foobar2000 does stay stable however. I use a Grace m903 DAC.

Today I downloaded version 17.0.89 hoping it would solve the problem, but it hasn't.

I have to think it's simple operator error on my part, but so far I haven't been able to figure it out.

My thanks for all your help.

[And please check out the new Jackie DeShannon CD, "When You Walk in the Room." Acoustic ballad arrangements of some of the greatest songs she's written.]

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC 17.0.89 Shuts Down After Just 3-4 Minutes
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 09:37:21 am »

Is the problem happening on all the CDs you play?
Have you looked at the Windows Event Viewer log. Also, be sure to have MC logging enabled. Between the two logs, the error/issue may be discovered.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 09:51:53 am »

Try switching Audio options.  Does DirectShow work?

It may be a driver problem. 

Davos

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 05:13:52 pm »

Thanks for those suggestions.

I checked the Windows Event Log, and yesterday's shutdown after a couple of minutes (when listening thru USB) simply said "Media Center 17.0.89 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed." The same thing happened about 15 minutes ago, after 2 minutes of listening, and I don't see that log event posted yet.

I'm not sure if MC logging is turned on or not. I haven't found the route to get to it and check or to turn it on. Where is it located?

And no, CDs play fine thru MC. No shutdown.

Thanks again --

Davos

Davos

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 03:40:03 pm »

I'm not giving up!

Today, MC17 wouldn't play through the headphone outputs of the Grace m903 at all. I thought it might be stable because yesterday, I switched foobar out of WASAPI mode to avoid possible conflict. I'd like to use WASAPI with jriver -- tried ASIO and it doesn't sound as smooth to my ear (even though it was more stable).

Rebooted and tried again. Success! But after listening for 30 seconds or so to a track I'd ripped from CD, I switched to a 192/24 download and no sound. It's been no sound ever since.

The Thesycon driver that the m903 uses is being recognized, and I have the m903 selected as the defualt playback device. I'm in WASAPI Event mode.

Any thoughts, much appreciated. Thanks.

Pages: [1]   Go Up