INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blu-ray Plays in Red October Standard, but not HQ  (Read 1253 times)

KoolADE

• Recent member
Blu-ray Plays in Red October Standard, but not HQ
« on: February 21, 2012, 07:32:26 pm »

Hello,

Lately, I've been using Red October HQ to play all my video files. Until now it's been flawless.
Tonight, I tried to watch "The Dark Knight" on Blu-ray (using DVDFab to decrypt) and it wouldn't play. It only gave an error message: "Failed to connect video decoder to source / splitter".

When I switch to Red October Standard, it plays without problems.

Any ideas what's causing HQ to fail? All the other Blu-rays I own play perfectly fine in HQ mode.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Blu-ray Plays in Red October Standard, but not HQ
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 04:47:31 am »

I suggest you try and re-rip it. Something probably went wrong with the rip where RO-HQ is just more sensitive to the flaw than RO-STD.

KoolADE

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 09:54:43 am »

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm trying to play directly from the Blu-ray disk itself. I haven't ripped anything.

I'll try ripping it when I get home to see if it works that way, but are there any tools I can use to investigate why the disk itself won't play? MC's logging function doesn't say anything much (at least from what I can decipher).

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 11:02:18 am »

Which version of MC are you using? Is Video hardware acceleration checked or not?

KoolADE

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 01:34:11 pm »

I'm using 17.0.91, but the problem existed in the previous public release too.
Hardware acceleration is currently on, but turning it off doesn't help anything. :(

CountryBumkin

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 04:01:36 pm »

So you can play all your other BD movies in RO+HQ except for Dark Knight. Could the disk be defective? Maybe install the program MediaInfo and see if you can identify exaclty what is different between this disk and the others that work. I would have suggested that your computer is not powerful enough for HQ but since u are/were playing other movies in RQ I would think this is not the case. However, this one disk could be diffent (like maybe it is the only VC-1 in your collection and all your other moveis are h.264) and your machine has trouble with VC-1. Perhaps this disk has DTS-HD MA and your not set up correctly for that. Etc.

If all else fails maybe consider switching to AnyDVD HD. Popular opinion is that it is a better program. Also, maybe search the SlySoft forum for that title. i recall reading a few posts/issues about it when the movie first came out - but that was mainly issues ripping it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up