INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Record new episodes  (Read 1989 times)

scokat916

• Recent member
Record new episodes
« on: February 23, 2012, 12:33:50 pm »

When will "record new episodes only" option be added to MC for TV recording options?

Sandy B Ridge

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Record new episodes
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 01:20:12 pm »

Is there a universal way of picking up which episodes are new?

SBR

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 01:30:14 pm »

Is there a universal way of picking up which episodes are new?

SBR

There does not seem to be a universal way of doing it.  However, the guide data from mc2xml seem to contain flags for new show or rerun.  We will be able to make use of that.

It will be implemented, but I am not able to promise a definite date.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

scokat916

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 12:41:57 pm »

I think many people would love to have this feature to make the switch from Windows MCE.

NickF

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 05:25:14 pm »

I think many people would love to have this feature to make the switch from Windows MCE.

Absolutely essential in my opinion.  WMC/MCE is excellent in the way it handles recording TV with new and/or repeats and which channels it will record the episode from.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 05:41:59 pm »

Here in Oz, the networks like to lace 1 new episode per week in with 15 old episodes of a series. It's a b*tch to actually remember when the new one is on. This feature would be a godsend :-)

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 09:48:52 pm »

I've just taken a look at the raw xml file my Guide provider creates and it has a field <previously-shown-start="*date*"> which I believe is a standard xmltv field. Where an episode is new, it doesn't have this field.

Any way you can use this to determine which eps are new for the purposes of recording?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 08:23:51 am »

I've just taken a look at the raw xml file my Guide provider creates and it has a field <previously-shown-start="*date*"> which I believe is a standard xmltv field. Where an episode is new, it doesn't have this field.

Any way you can use this to determine which eps are new for the purposes of recording?

What I see here is <previously-shown start="*date*"> (i.e. without the second hyphen), or a previously-shown element with an optional date attribute.  Is this what you see?  This is what I plan to use.  I wonder if there are any variations out there.  Some program entries do not have either a "previously-shown" element or a "new" element.  In such cases I will have to assume they are new.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 10:06:30 am »

Sorry, Yaobing.

Yes, mine is the same <previously-shown start="*date*" /> (without the second hyphen).

Accordinng to this thread

http://osdir.com/ml/tv.xmltv.general/2007-08/msg00059.html

<previously-shown /> is the official minimal form of the tag, with the start parameter being included if known.

My understanding is as yours - if the tag isn't present, then the episode is new. This checks out when I cross reference my subscription guide data with the OTA guide data that marks every new episode as *NEW* in the title here in Oz.
Pages: [1]   Go Up