INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV audio output and zones?  (Read 1148 times)

Bill Kearney

• Galactic Citizen
TV audio output and zones?
« on: February 25, 2012, 02:28:00 pm »

Where does MC17 handle configuring what audio output to use for TV playback?

I have two audio-only zones for music playback.  I'm wondering how to set things up for TV as well.  But I don't see where MC decides which audio output device or channel to use for the TV audio.  Or does it just fallback to the default audio output used in Tools->Options->Audio?

Would it be possible to have TV audio separately configured to it's own audio device?

johnd126

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: TV audio output and zones?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 08:30:12 am »

Where does MC17 handle configuring what audio output to use for TV playback?

I have two audio-only zones for music playback.  I'm wondering how to set things up for TV as well.  But I don't see where MC decides which audio output device or channel to use for the TV audio.  Or does it just fallback to the default audio output used in Tools->Options->Audio?

Would it be possible to have TV audio separately configured to it's own audio device?

Did you ever get this figured out?  I'm trying to do the same thing myself. I like to listen to music through one set of speakers but I want the video audio routed through the HDMI output.

Thanks
John

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 08:37:50 am »

TV uses JRiver Audio Renderer by default.  That means it uses the same audio settings as music playback in the same zone.  You can try setting up a zone just for TV if you want its audio configured differently.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

johnd126

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 11:35:49 am »

TV uses JRiver Audio Renderer by default.  That means it uses the same audio settings as music playback in the same zone.  You can try setting up a zone just for TV if you want its audio configured differently.

Hey, that worked!  I've never used zones before.  I've now set up a VideoZone and set Theatre View to switch to that zone when it launches.   I'm playing the music remotely from the same machine using the Web Remote.  I may have to select the other zone when starting to play the music but it's right there on the interface so it's easy enough.

Thanks!
John
Pages: [1]   Go Up