INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Red October HQ Problem  (Read 1712 times)

Wulff

• Recent member
Red October HQ Problem
« on: July 19, 2012, 09:24:46 am »

Hello there,

Yesterday i got me a new laptop here with the following specs: core i7 3610Qm, 8gb ddr3 1600mhz ram, ssd as windows disk, nvidia gt650m with optimus, intel hd 4000. Now i have the following problem:

When i set the red october to HQ and enable hardware acceleration, the screen flashes like a mad man, when setting the red october to standard its ok. Do any of you guys have any idea whay that might be happening?

Im using the latest driverfor the intel hd 4000 and  the latest non beta driver by nvidia.

Could it be that this system cant handle the red october HQ or is this a driver issue or that nvidia optimus thingy? would be awesome if anyone can provide me with a solution.

Also when using RO HQ i had that the screen got stuck but the video was not moving but the audio still is playing then

Im using media center 17.0.180

All other drivers im using are also up to date and all win updates are installed

Thanx in advance for any help you can give me

Regards from holland: Bas van der Wal

Just tried something else and it seems this problem only occurs when using the madvr exclusive full screen mode

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Red October HQ Problem
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 10:24:14 am »

It's probably a driver problem.  Try setting hardware acceleration off.  There is another similar thread here from the last 3 or 4 days.

Wulff

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 10:34:11 am »

thanx for ur reply JimH yeah when i turn off hw acceleration it seems fine here. Yes it must be a driver issue, hope they fix it soon with some update for my hardware

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 11:33:17 am »

1st, make sure you're getting the Intel driver directly from Intel, not from Windows update; there's some issue with the Windows version, per the author of the QuickSync decoder.

2nd, I think the most recent driver has issues, so use the next most recent one, which is QuickSync Win7_64_15.26.8.64.2696

I believe that should let you use HW acceleration in MC17.  It works fine for me on my desktop.

Finally, I don't have a dedicated graphics card in my system, but it might be causing you issues if both are trying to handle the video.  I'm not sure how/where you would confirm which is being used, but the HD4000 should be plenty to drive ROHQ, so if you can get the driver above installed, and selected, it should work with HWA.
pretend this is something funny

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 11:36:35 am »

I actually had issues with the 2696 driver, the 2761 is working perfectly for me. :)
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

hulkss

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 11:31:17 pm »

Driver 2761 works fine for me with Z77 Intel Mother Board

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 01:44:42 pm »

This sounds like a hybrid graphic. Intel /nvidia. If so only way is to turn hardware acceleration off. Installing only intel or nvidia drivers will not work. You'll be doomed with the releases of the hybrid driver by the laptop manufacturer. I have a sony vpcz1 (also intel/nvidia hybrid) and the driver has not been updated by sony since 2.5years. On this laptop with hwacceleration turned on it also flickers with redHQ)
Pages: [1]   Go Up