INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Review Tags Demise  (Read 981 times)

crusader56

• Recent member
Review Tags Demise
« on: February 25, 2012, 08:40:12 pm »

Hi Team

The Review tag I used by adding reviews for my albums by All Music is no longer available.  :(

Would you explain how I can add it to my tags

Thanks

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Review Tags Demise
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 10:30:37 pm »

MC doesn't have a stock [Review] field, so I assume you mean you previously added such a tag to the files using other software, and now that tag is not being displayed in MC. Generally, MC will import data from file tags to fields with exactly the same name. So try adding a [Review] field using Options > Library & Folders > Manage Library Fields... Since they're album reviews, you'll probably want to set Relational to 'Store one value for each album'. After adding the field, you may need to use Library Tools > Update Library (from tags) to add the data to the Library.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 04:48:29 am »

Hi crusader56,

You didn't really explain what happened.

Is the library field missing completely or did only the tag values vanish? Did you change anything before the problem occurred? For example, are you using a new computer with newly installed MC, did you install a new version of MC, or did you perhaps just import the files as a new library entries after moving them, etc... ?

As rick.ca said, "Update Library (from tags)" can help if the Review library field exists and if the files have the physical Review tags. If the files don't have these tags restoring a library backup file might help.

Someone else had a similar problem with a user defined Review tag a few years ago. Here is the a link to that thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=45173
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

crusader56

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 12:54:46 am »

Hi rick .c.a

Thanks mate that worked a treat  :)

Alex

I have installed MC on a new computer and that pleb was me that had a similar problem last time.

I'm rapt because I had forgotten my user name and with it lost my messages that come in handy to find solutions like this one.  :)

My question is can I regain my old user name for MC which is snapperocks?

Thanks guys

You are the best and I love MC
Pages: [1]   Go Up