INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC17 licensing  (Read 1367 times)

sbri

• Recent member
MC17 licensing
« on: January 08, 2012, 05:02:12 am »

I was happily using MC16 for a few months then thought I try out MC17. Downloaded 17.0.60 all was working fine for a while. No licensing issues etc.
Then I upgraded to MC17.0.62 using the upgrade tab in MC. It was working and when I went to start MC again the next day it told me my trial period had finished?? My 17.0.62 indicated it was registered??
I then recovered using my activation key and all is working but I noticed that I get this email saying that instead of 10 restores available I only now have 8 left.
My question is why do I lose 2 when the issue was not of my doing?? What happens if this is an issue with MC17 and I keep having to restore the activation code ???
Notice MC17.0.64 is available but not game to try in case I get the same issue....

Comments from JR support pls??
 :-[

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC17 licensing
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 06:47:31 am »

There are a few circumstances that could trigger a license problem.  Changing a machine name is one.

Don't worry about the license restores.  You get ten each 12 months, so you'll get some back.  Use the 30 day trial to extend them.  If you run out, let us know.  We can fix that.

Welcome to Interact.

sbri

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 04:36:40 pm »

Thanks for the quick response.
 Makes sense, and as with most support issues where nothing appears to have changed for first asked, I did change the PC name while testing for the first time the media server functions because of some issues with PS3 and Panasonic TV etc.I have 3 PCs all with similar names so I changed it to something that identified the server PC that has MC.
I was only using for audio till a few days ago so had no need for using the video features.
Very happy with the audio quality but do have some questions re ASIO which I will do in another item.
After purchasing this license for MC16/17  how long does it last for?
I assumed it was a once off payment for the license unless there was a major feature upgrade / change.?
 :)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 05:04:39 pm »

The license is good for the life of the player.  The upgrades are currently $26.98.

zerothedog

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 07:54:14 am »

I was trying to install a second copy on my other computer after the 14-day period lapsed.  I could not get the code to work and have used up five reinstall codes.  Tried cleaning the registry of any Media Center 17 registry entries but that did work either.  I even purchased a second license and that didn't work either.  Has anyone had this issue and how did it get corrected?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 07:56:29 am »

What happened when it failed? 

One of the browsers creates an exe file when the Install Key is downloaded.  It should be an mjr file.  Try restoring with IE.

Do not post your license.
Pages: [1]   Go Up