INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A few things with the TV series  (Read 1866 times)

preproman

• Galactic Citizen
A few things with the TV series
« on: February 26, 2012, 09:34:13 am »

All of these may have a easy fix for them, I just don't know what it is at this point.

1.  Under series the seasons start from the highest number down to the lowest. ie  8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1.  How can I make it go from the lowest to the highest ie.. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

2.  Under series it only shows numbers ie.. 1 2 3.  How can I get is to show "Season 1"  "Season 2" and so on..

3.  Under series > Season > it only show the name of the episode.  How can I get it to show the episode number ie..  Episode 1 - "Episode name"

Thanks..

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: A few things with the TV series
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 10:23:05 am »

Try rearranging the sorting at Tool>Options>Theater View
Click on "Shows" (or whatever you renamed it) and then "Set Rules for file display". Adjust your sort order here.

On the question of showing "Season 1" instead of "1", do you mean in the "info window" (see Customize Info Window, below) or are you taking about somewhere else?

MrHaugen

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 10:28:20 am »

1. To change the sorting on a category like series, you go to Options - Theater View, Select the correct view, Select Season under Details, and Edit. There you have the sorting choice.
2. I don't know if there's an easy way of making numbers "xx" into "Season xx". It might be possible with an expression field. But I'm not sure I'm the man to give you answers here.
3. I don't really have the time to explain how to do this correctly. But I can give you an example of how I've done it. And you can modify it to show what you want to. You have to enter this text into Options - Theater View - Advanced - File Caption.

Code: [Select]
If(IsEqual([Media Type], Audio),[Name] - [Artist] - /([Album]/)   //   Rating: [Rating],If(IsEqual([Media Sub Type], TV Show),If(IsEmpty([Name]),S[Season]E[Episode]/ (NP:[Number Plays]/),S[Season]E[Episode]/ (NP:[Number Plays]/) - [Name]),If(IsEqual([Media Sub Type], Music Video),If(IsEmpty([Artists]),[Artist] - [Name],[Artists] - [Name]),If(IsEqual([Media Sub Type], Conserts),[Artist] - [Name],If(IsEqual([Media Sub Type], Standup),If(IsEmpty([Season]),[Name]/ (NP:[Number Plays]/),[Name] - S[Season]E[Episode]/ (NP:[Number Plays]/)),[Name])))))
*EDIT*
Damn it. CountryBumkin beat me to it :) At least some of it.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

preproman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 02:39:41 pm »

1. To change the sorting on a category like series, you go to Options - Theater View, Select the correct view, Select Season under Details, and Edit. There you have the sorting choice.
2. I don't know if there's an easy way of making numbers "xx" into "Season xx". It might be possible with an expression field. But I'm not sure I'm the man to give you answers here.
3. I don't really have the time to explain how to do this correctly. But I can give you an example of how I've done it. And you can modify it to show what you want to. You have to enter this text into Options - Theater View - Advanced - File Caption.

Code: [Select]
If(IsEqual([Media Type], Audio),[Name] - [Artist] - /([Album]/)   //   Rating: [Rating],If(IsEqual([Media Sub Type], TV Show),If(IsEmpty([Name]),S[Season]E[Episode]/ (NP:[Number Plays]/),S[Season]E[Episode]/ (NP:[Number Plays]/) - [Name]),If(IsEqual([Media Sub Type], Music Video),If(IsEmpty([Artists]),[Artist] - [Name],[Artists] - [Name]),If(IsEqual([Media Sub Type], Conserts),[Artist] - [Name],If(IsEqual([Media Sub Type], Standup),If(IsEmpty([Season]),[Name]/ (NP:[Number Plays]/),[Name] - S[Season]E[Episode]/ (NP:[Number Plays]/)),[Name])))))
*EDIT*
darn it. CountryBumkin beat me to it :) At least some of it.

Dang MrHaugen,

Do you think I can cut and past that and it will work.  That's a lot of code - How in the world does one think a use would know how to do something like that?

On another note.  My Private Practice Specials all show up in National Geographic's specials - I don't even have any National Geographic's content.   Private Practice - S0E01 through Private Practice - S0E08

MrHaugen

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 03:45:13 pm »

Do you think I can cut and past that and it will work.  That's a lot of code - How in the world does one think a use would know how to do something like that?

Yes, you should be able to use it just fine with copy paste. But remember that this does not include images, as I've not imported that yet. This is actually a very simple example of what you can do for the file caption. You can format the text as well, and do a lot more complicated stuff. This is only simple use of IF logic. If you break it down and try to replace some text and library fields, you should be ably to build something for your self.

And yes, it IS complicated for normal users. It can be a living nightmare to try to do something complicated with this. For people with experience as well. That's why several have asked to split up this captions, and give the users some tools or presets to help them out.

As of the Season 0 problem... I'm not sure. MC should not have logic to get online meta data for Season 0 content yet. I'm not sure how this can be mixed, if it does not have National Geographic in it's name, and carnac picks it up? I think you need to give us some more details. File names, Name field, season and episode fields after import and so on.

preproman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 11:38:35 am »

Yes, you should be able to use it just fine with copy paste. But remember that this does not include images, as I've not imported that yet. This is actually a very simple example of what you can do for the file caption. You can format the text as well, and do a lot more complicated stuff. This is only simple use of IF logic. If you break it down and try to replace some text and library fields, you should be ably to build something for your self.

And yes, it IS complicated for normal users. It can be a living nightmare to try to do something complicated with this. For people with experience as well. That's why several have asked to split up this captions, and give the users some tools or presets to help them out.

As of the Season 0 problem... I'm not sure. MC should not have logic to get online meta data for Season 0 content yet. I'm not sure how this can be mixed, if it does not have National Geographic in it's name, and carnac picks it up? I think you need to give us some more details. File names, Name field, season and episode fields after import and so on.

OK MrHaugen,

I do apologize, it was not Private Practice - it's Grey's Anatomy.  Now under my Grey's Anatomy folder I have Season 1, Season 2, Season 3 on to Season 8 the I have a Specials folder. Inside the Specials folder I have Grey's Anatomy - S00E01.mkv through Grey's Anatomy - S00E07.mkv.

No where does it specify "National Geographics"  Yet MC saw those Grey's Anatomy - S00.... files as National Geographics and placed them under a National Geographics Thumbnail instead of the Grey's Anatomy Thumbnail. 

How can I get these "Specials" back under the Grey's Anatomy thumbnail along with the other Grey's Anatomy Seasons?

MrHaugen

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 12:55:37 pm »

You just go i normal view, go to the Action window in the lower left. Choose Tag window. Then you have to go to a video view with the Season 0. You mark all episodes, and select Greys Anatomy as the value in the Series field in the action window.

preproman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 02:28:25 pm »

You just go i normal view, go to the Action window in the lower left. Choose Tag window. Then you have to go to a video view with the Season 0. You mark all episodes, and select Greys Anatomy as the value in the Series field in the action window.

Got it.  This is now solved.  In the files view I drilled down on the left hand side to the Greys Anatomy \ specials folder..  From there I only saw the files I wanted to edit.  On the left hand side of the file under series - I changed all of them from specials to Greys Anatomy and it stuck it the correct place.  

I wonder can this be a default in future builds.

MrHaugen

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 03:17:28 pm »

That's strange. I'm still not sure what exactly was the case here. Was there "specials" in the file name, and this was picked up as the series name or what? I doubt that this is a normal problem though.

preproman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2012, 07:46:55 pm »

That's strange. I'm still not sure what exactly was the case here. Was there "specials" in the file name, and this was picked up as the series name or what? I doubt that this is a normal problem though.

Nope:

The only specials is the folder name - the files are named Grey's Anatomy - S00E01.mkv through Grey's Anatomy - S00E07.mkv.  They live in the specials folder.  I guess MC saw "specials" and wanted to make the a national geographic special for some reason.  When it should be looking at the name of the parent folder and going by that.

MrHaugen

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2012, 03:13:30 am »

Then I have no idea what could cause this. Hopefully, we'll not see many of those. Report back with some more data if it happens again. Perhaps we can find a pattern then.
Pages: [1]   Go Up