INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Touch friendly skin?  (Read 1838 times)

goatherder

• Galactic Citizen
Touch friendly skin?
« on: February 26, 2012, 07:35:53 pm »

Not sure if I asked this before, but are there touch-friendly skins for MC when using on tablets / convertibles?

dhiggins

• World Citizen
Re: Touch friendly skin?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 10:35:12 pm »

The recommendation is to use Obsidian Touchscreen (it should be in your skins list) and switch to theater view.

Unfortunately, that skin leaves a LOT to be desired in terms of good functionality with touchscreens.

In general, theater view +kind of+ works with touchscreens, but not real well. For instance, the "roller" UI in theater view is quite nice, but because the font size changes from main to sub roller, you can't accurately "touch" those elements on a touchscreen. They look great, but functionality wise, it's just not there for touchscreens.

I'm hoping jriver will respond here and provide a little more info as to plans in that area.

I'd really like to get JRiver running on a touchscreen jukebox I'm building, but I may end up having to go with something like Album Player, that really appears to have been specifically designed with touchscreens in mind.

goatherder

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Touch friendly skin?
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 09:34:28 am »

I was actually thinking about main view. Even simple stuff like scrolling doesn't work a tablet, let alone the interface being rightsized for fingers. I'm guessing that Win8 will give jR major headaches - but hopefully they can finally hire a designer :p
Pages: [1]   Go Up