INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help w/ simple tagging  (Read 1792 times)

down4jazz

• Junior Woodchuck
Help w/ simple tagging
« on: March 05, 2012, 10:01:23 am »

I have a bunch of Mosaic box sets and I'm starting out w/ The Complete Blue Note Recordings of Larry Young. This is a 6 cd set. I'm ripping w/ dBpoweramp to my external drive.

In dbp the default tag info is all over the place. One disk shows as "Blue Note" the other shows "BN". One disk shows as "1/4" the other will show as "disk 1", etc. Media Center auto imported the disks, but disk 1 and 2 are combined. Okay

I deleted the music off the HD and started over. In dBP, I changed the title to be consistant, adding a , Disk 1, Disk 2, etc. I changed the Disk numbering to reflect the set. 1/6, 2/6, etc.

Still, in Media Center disk 1 and 2 are combined as one. I can click on the song title and in tagging it seems correct, although I'm prob missing something simple. I copied the below from the tag catagories. I want them to show as seperate albums...

FileName:
L:\Music\Larry Young\The Complete Blue Note Recordings of Larry Young, Disk 1\01 Larry Young - Talkin' About J.C..flac
L:\Music\Larry Young\The Complete Blue Note Recordings of Larry Young, Disk 2\01 Larry Young - Paris Eyes.flac

I hope I'm asking the right questions....

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Help w/ simple tagging
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 10:42:34 am »

Check to see if the Album - Artist tags are different. If they are the same, MC generally includes them in the same album.

Listener

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 12:39:21 pm »

I have a bunch of Mosaic box sets and I'm starting out w/ The Complete Blue Note Recordings of Larry Young. This is a 6 cd set. I'm ripping w/ dBpoweramp to my external drive.

I responded to your questions in the AA PC Audio forum.  If you report back here, you can get the benefit of more people's advice.

Bill

down4jazz

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 05:40:01 pm »

Check to see if the Album - Artist tags are different. If they are the same, MC generally includes them in the same album.

In "Album" I simply added the Disc number to the title, refreshed and the album split into two seperate albums. I thought by inputting the disk number in dBPoweramp it would simply transfer over to MD. Guess not.......

Thanks a bunch!

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 08:27:59 pm »

Glad it works. I fought with this issue until I found out about Album - Artist.

Listener

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 01:35:41 am »

down4jazz, glad you got past the problem.

It would take a round or two of Q&A to resolve why your previous actions did not separate each Cd's files as an album.

Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up