INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Displaying Tags in the Header Display  (Read 660 times)

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Displaying Tags in the Header Display
« on: March 05, 2012, 10:09:44 am »

I listen to a lot of jazz and folk and in both cases it is very common for multiple artists to perform the same song. It is easy to lose track of who wrote it originally. In order to keep track of who actually wrote the song I have filled in the composer tag for most of the tracks. This happens pretty regularly for newer CDs but many older or more obscure albums need the tags added.

In order to see the composer during playback I have customized the display header to display various tags, including composer, people, bit depth and sample rate, but only if it is high rez.  This is old hat to many, but I though I would share the customization for people who have not done it before. I have used conditionals to leave fields blank if there is no entry and to put in bit depth and sample rate if it is not a 16 bit file. There are many ways to do these headers, but this is what I am using. To change the display just click on it and choose Customize Display and customize at will.

Title      [Artist] - [Album] - [Name]  if(isempty([People]),,with  [People]) if(isempty([Composer]),,by  [Composer])

Status  [Elapsed Time] // [Total Time]     [PN Position] of [PN Tracks]   if(compare([Bit Depth],>,16),[Bit Depth]//formatnumber([Sample Rate],0), ) [Library]   [Zone]

The formatnumber function is used so that the sample rate is not displayed with a decimal (e.g. 96.0).

Enjoy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up