INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 17.0.99 update causes tb isone plugin to not work properly  (Read 1802 times)

HeadPhonic

• Recent member
17.0.99 update causes tb isone plugin to not work properly
« on: March 05, 2012, 06:21:14 pm »

My Media Center 17 trial version just updated to 17.0.99 and now my tb isone plugin I use for headphone listening has become unusably quiet and/or doesn't appear to be working properly at all. Anyone know how to fix?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: 17.0.99 update causes tb isone plugin to not work properly
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 10:32:03 am »

Can you describe what volume mode you're using and what level you have set?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

HeadPhonic

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 10:54:13 pm »

I'm using Internal Volume mode with ASIO output and a ASUS Xonar Essence STX soundcard with headphone output.
I may have been a bit hasty to judge it as not working as it seems to be operational just that volume has to be set a lot higher now to achieve the same loudness as before, especially as the volume already had to be increased with the Isone plugin enabled.
Music with the plugin disabled is quieter than it was before too, but I guess you made changes to the way internal volume is handled?
Also I see the 17.0.99 update brought DSP changes too, but I don't understand what the significance of them are:-
should I tick the option for processing independently of internal volume for the TB Isone plugin or leave as is?
The only change I notice when I click the option is that the VU meter in the plugin displays higher volumes upon playback even though the perceived loudness through my headphones remains the same?

Currently I am playing my music with ISone at an average of about 66 to 68% whereas before the 17.0.99 update I was playing at probably about 38% average. Oh and I am on the stable update channel too.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 10:45:07 am »

The internal volume scale was changed recently:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=69939.msg471528#msg471528

More on volume:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Volume

should I tick the option for processing independently of internal volume for the TB Isone plugin or leave as is?

I don't know.  The option is only needed if a DSP depends on a full-volume signal.  Most DSPs do not need this.  A limiter or visualizer are the only types I know of that might need it.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

HeadPhonic

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 01:03:42 am »

Thanks for the reply. I didn't know about the internal volume scale changes so it was a bit unsettling when everything was suddenly quiet after the update.
Pages: [1]   Go Up