INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I customize what DNLA player see from MC?  (Read 1039 times)

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
Can I customize what DNLA player see from MC?
« on: March 06, 2012, 07:30:24 am »

This is what it looks like when my TV accesses MC with DLNA, but can I change the views that are here? The next step will be all artists, all albums and so on. I would really like to put in some grouping here, if possible. With 10K+ album and 100K++ tracks it's rather unmanageable without grouping. And four of those views I don't even use (Recent, composer, Podcast and Highly Rated - I don't use ratings at all anywhere).
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

mbagge

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Can I customize what DNLA player see from MC?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 01:44:54 pm »

When you configure the DLNA Server, the first setting you can do, is 'Customize views...'.

For curiosity, why do you want to have audio to your TV ? The 'player interface gui' is very basic and there are a lot of other methods of controlling your TV in DLNA mode, MC itself, gizmo, webgizmo and other dlna controllers.

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
Re: Can I customize what DNLA player see from MC?
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 01:47:09 am »

Thanks! I thought it was the same views as for Gizmo and all that... I see now that it's a setting below DLNA servers. It's really the "wow" effect - "Hey, you can control your audio library from a 55" 'tablet'!" And besides when I'm drunk I like to have a big screen to work on... The audio goes via HDMI to the receiver, so there's no loss in audio quality there.
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system
Pages: [1]   Go Up