INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo feature request: skins or UI update?  (Read 1483 times)

Bengi010

• World Citizen
Gizmo feature request: skins or UI update?
« on: March 06, 2012, 06:45:11 pm »

I'm just wondering if it's possible for the look of gizmo to be changed in the future?  One reason that I'm asking is because I think that gizmo could be a great way to introduce new people to MC, but it looks so spartan and frankly boring that no one I've shown it to seems very interested.  I try to explain that it's just a tiny piece of a much cooler program, but it would be so much easier if it just looked and felt a little slicker. 

Currently my favorite music app on my android phone is db PowerAmp  http://powerampapp.com/.  It doesn't have the same functinality that the full verson of MC does of course and it doesn't stream media from my server, only local files, but it does have a ton of features and looks good too.  If you're unfamiliar with it and have an android phone I'd suggest you check out the free trial.  I use it almost exclusively for music on my phone.

Anyway I'm just hoping that someday the best of both worlds will come along, gizmo with all the great functionality of MC and the looks of poweramp or something like that.  Any chance?  What do you guys think?
Intel Core i-5 6600K, Asus Z170-A ATX Motherboard, Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, Asus Xonar Essence STX,
                                          Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 1000w PSU, Lian-Li PC-B25F ATX Tower,
                                   Dell S2716DG G-Sync Monitor & AOC 2230 Monitor, Corsair Hydro H60 Cooler,
                                                                    Windows 10, JRiver MC 23

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
Re: Gizmo feature request: skins or UI update?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 07:21:46 pm »

+200 ( i think that's about how many i've showed the app to as well)

Jonathan DA

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Gizmo feature request: skins or UI update?
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 08:11:12 pm »

I believe WebGizmo is already skinnable, albeit in an unofficial capacity.  You just need to be a decent front-end developer to do it (i.e. HTML/CSS/JS).
Pages: [1]   Go Up