INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need step by step instructions on setting up DLNA to stream music to my receiver  (Read 862 times)

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen

I've had a very flaky user experience when trying to stream mp3s from my PC with J River v17 build 98 to my home theater which has an Onkyo HT-RC180 receiver (basically identical to the Onkyo TX-NR807).

I think I got a bit confused when going through the option "Add/Configure DLNA servers"

I've got 2 devices that are capable of it... an Xbox 360 and my Onkyo receiver. I'd prefer to use my Onkyo receiver as it is always on and leave my 360 for gaming. I'd like to just delete these servers out of my J River options and then start over from scratch. I don't know which boxes to check, what settings to use, and so on and so forth. It'd be a great help if someone could assist me in getting this to work.

Also... is there any way to stream video this way? If not, is this a limit of DLNA technology, J River, or my receiver? I would love to be able to stream my movie collection which I have ripped on to my hard drives instead of changing disks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up