INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Failed to install plug-in" adding Reaplugs VSTs  (Read 8683 times)

patricklang

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
"Failed to install plug-in" adding Reaplugs VSTs
« on: March 08, 2012, 03:16:40 pm »

Reaplugs is a set of plugins that were ported from the Reaper DAW into standalone VSTs.  The JS plugin is one of my favorites because you can author plugins and change them on the fly, and it comes with some good sample spectrograms and analysis tools.

I just tried to import it, along with other plugins in MC17.0.99 and all I get is the error "Failed to install plug-in"

Reaplugs is available here:   http://www.reaper.fm/reaplugs/

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot?

Cheers,
Patrick
Enjoying bit-perfect audio since Media Center 10!

Current 192k setup: SB Recon3d (using hdaudio.sys) -> SPDIF -> Emotiva XDA-1 -> Rotel RX-975 -> Event 20/20 v1
Headphone setup: Meta42 amp, AKG k501, AKG k271
Portable setup: Meridian Explorer -> Etymotic ER-4P with S adapter

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: "Failed to install plug-in" adding Reaplugs VSTs
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 03:43:23 pm »

Some of those plugins are VST 1.0.  We currently only load VST 2.x plugins.

But I'll add this to a coming build.
Changed: VST plugin loading will accept v1.x VST effects instead of only v2.x effects.

I don't have many (only this one) plugin to test, so feedback and testing would be appreciated once the build is available.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

patricklang

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 01:54:22 pm »

I don't use a huge library of VSTs, but I'd be happy to try what I can.

Current 192k setup: SB Recon3d (using hdaudio.sys) -> SPDIF -> Emotiva XDA-1 -> Rotel RX-975 -> Event 20/20 v1

patricklang

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 02:12:47 pm »

ReaJS is loading successfully now.  I do have a question, however.  Typically in other VST hosts (Reaper, other DAW), you can load the same VST multiple times.  I can't find a way to do that in MC.  If I go to Manage Plugins and select ReaJS again, it's not added to the list a second time.  Otherwise it seems to be working ok so far.

This is the included Analysis/gfxspectrograph script.  This is from the Mobile Fidelity SACD release of Stevie Ray Vaughn & Double Trouble "Couldn't Stand the Weather" in the drum outro of "Voodoo Chile"

Top of the window is the nyquist rate (44100 in this case due to 24/88.2k FLAC source).  You can't see the cursor, but I have it highlighting a portion of the splash cymbal showing there's -68.9dB at 25587hz.  This recording has a great drum track, and you can see there's plenty of room in both dynamic range & frequency response to make it happen.  Anything above the middle of the spectrogram would have been lost in redbook.

Pages: [1]   Go Up