INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: another Theatre View bug?  (Read 1202 times)

Skidood

• Recent member
another Theatre View bug?
« on: March 09, 2012, 07:29:40 pm »

In theatre view, where you have your artists displayed as those big tiles, and each tile is the cover art for the relevant album, a huge number of my artist cover art tiles shows up as a Beach Boys cover.
I have one Beach Boys track in my audio library.

Skidood

• Recent member
Re: another Theatre View bug?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 04:20:25 pm »

Actually its not just in theatre view, in fact anywhere that cover rt iss displayed for my audio files, the Beach Boys album cover shows up everywhere there too.
The only files it shows up on are my old MP3 files, but the tags for them are not showing anything related to beach boys.  I read here that Windows media player likes to re-write your tags without your permission,  but they dont show beach boys in that program either.  Hmm...

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Cheers
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 04:24:34 pm »

Does the [Image File] library field reflect the correct cover?
If you select one of the effected files and go to Tools>Cover Art>Rebuild Thumbnails does it correct the problem?
Sean

Skidood

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 05:07:45 pm »

Does the [Image File] library field reflect the correct cover?
If you select one of the effected files and go to Tools>Cover Art>Rebuild Thumbnails does it correct the problem?

I didn't try that, but I did get rid of them by selecting the affected  tracks and updating the tags from the online database.
Actually as I recall halfway through this process I then just started playing the tracks and the cover art disappeared as soon as I clicked on the next track.  I only needed to play 1/2 a second of the tracks before moving on to the next one.
I stupidly cant recall if I updated all or just some the affected tracks with the online database before I started playing them, so I really dont know which of the two fixes was the correct one.  Think Im getting alzheimers.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Cheers
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 06:20:14 pm »

If playing the files fixes it then rebuilding thumbnails should do the trick, I have had to before when some of mine were acting flaky
Sean
Pages: [1]   Go Up