INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mac MediaCenter 17 via Crossover XI  (Read 766 times)

xzeezeex

• Recent member
Mac MediaCenter 17 via Crossover XI
« on: March 12, 2012, 08:29:13 pm »

So Crossover just released another version of their software for the mac, this time called Crossover XI. http://www.codeweavers.com/products/

I've never had much luck with getting their products to really work for me, but I thought I'd give it a go with the new version that they allow you to trial.

So... It actually works pretty well. MC installs and launches. I can open an audio file from the file menu, and it plays fine. I can adjust settings. However, when I click on either Playing Now or any of the Artist/Audio tree, it hangs and I have to force quit. I'm guessing that those views require some kind of dependency that is either not present or the wrong version... I've tried installing a bunch of the "Runtime Support Components" through Crossover (DirectX 9, IE7, WMP 6.4 (that's all they have)) and none of them prevent the hanging...

Any ideas from the devs what technical thing might be causing the problem? I don't have high hopes that this can be solved honestly, but this is about as close as I've ever gotten to a Mac version of MC so it's worth a shot trying to debug...
Pages: [1]   Go Up