INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Preserving folders when syncing new devices?  (Read 656 times)

Sokudoningyou

Preserving folders when syncing new devices?
« on: March 14, 2012, 12:11:09 am »

Maybe I'm not getting this and it's fairly easy, but syncing to my Cowon X7 is driving me a bit nuts.  Firstly, 120 gigs apparently takes 16 hours to sync, but only 6 hours to manually copy over, so I did that instead.   Which is fine.  However, this is where I'm getting confused:

I'd like to sync the X7 with my computer to keep everything updated (obviously) without me having to manually copy over music.  But if I want to sync, it seems Media Center only allows me to sync within a limited setup.  If I leave it as is, I ended up with potentially thousands of folders of artists because the default setup is Music/[artist][album].  Definitely don't want that.  I have everything sectioned into folder categories, then artists (if I have a lot of music by that artist) and albums (same), or just loose files that fit under the folder category itself.  I really want to preserve that.

However, if I try syncing the X7 after I've already copied my music over, it also seems like it wants to delete files; I'm a bit confused as to why, instead of simply seeing itself as a copy and not doing anything unless the file has updated recently.  Bit confused about all of this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up