INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recent audio tracks in wrong order through Gizmo on Android  (Read 1910 times)

calculadoru

• Recent member
Recent audio tracks in wrong order through Gizmo on Android
« on: March 14, 2012, 07:01:16 am »

Hi,
Not a big issue, but I find that audio tracks show (and so play) in the wrong order when played through Gizmo on Android, if I select Recent. All tracks are tagged correctly with names and track numbers (both ID tags and file names, which are without exception track# - track title.extension), and they show and play fine in Media Center on Win7, including in Theater view, but when played through Gizmo - Recent they seem to show up in the order they were saved (?), not in the right track order. I do realise it's semantics at this point, and if for some reason track 3 was saved to the disk before track one they will show in that order when choosing Recent, but still feel that the Recent function should show which albums were added last (as it indeed does), and then show the tracks in the right order (Pink Floyd doesn't really go well when played at random...) - after all, what makes JRiver so powerful is its library management, and once you reach a certain album it should play as its maker(s) intended.
Just wondering whether it would be possible to implement some sort of 'sort tracks by number' function even when the most recent additions are shown? Not sure how popular an opinion this will be, but I had to ask.
Thanks,
Doru

jonny162

• Recent member
Re: Recent audio tracks in wrong order through Gizmo on Android
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 12:10:49 pm »

I am also experiencing this issue as described by calculadoru.  I find the recent audio list extremely useful for easily playing new music, and having the tracks miss-ordered means this doesn't work so well.

Would love to see this fixed as the app is otherwise fantastic!

Cheers,

Jonny

ted_b

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 10:24:13 am »

Is it possible that shuffle play is somehow activated on the Gizmo remote only (i.e not on MC)?

jonny162

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 01:13:02 pm »

What is shuffle play?  I can see an option to "Reshuffle" in the Commands menu.  The issue described also happens when searching for an album i.e. search and find an album and play it results in a random order.  If I locate the album through the Audio -> Albums links then I see the correct order.

Jonny

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 03:44:39 pm »

You either need to reset the Gizmo views (the defaults should be correct), or fix the 'Recent' view by customizing the file sorting.

Look in Options > Media Network > Advanced > Customize views for Gizmo & WebGizmo...
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jonny162

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 09:06:09 am »

Great that worked thanks!  I had to reboot Media Centre for the change to take effect...

Cheers,

Jonny

jonny162

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 06:12:58 am »

Hello,

Having only just re-tested the search on Gizmo, it still returns audio in a random order (or at least not by Track#).  I've browsed through the "Customize views for Gizmo..." settings but can't see any options for tweaking how search results are returned.  Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Jonny
Pages: [1]   Go Up