INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TiVo playback / audio processing within JRMC17  (Read 1021 times)

zydeco

• Junior Woodchuck
TiVo playback / audio processing within JRMC17
« on: March 14, 2012, 04:10:38 pm »

Is it possible to playback TiVo within MC? The back-ground to the question is as follows. I've got an HD-TiVo that sees video and audio plugged straight into the TV. I've also got a HTPC with MC 17 with native convolution used to create a digital x/o that feeds active stereo speakers. The hope is to be able to playback audio from the TiVo through these stereo speakers. My guess is that there are two options 1)  complete playback of TiVo from within MC and 2) route the TiVo audio to the HTPC / MC while leaving video as direct to the TV. I'm not sure if either of these options are possible. (And, yes, I know that I can record TV via MC but the family is used to the TiVo interface).

Zydeco

zydeco

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: TiVo playback / audio processing within JRMC17
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 05:09:25 pm »

A bump to the top. Is there a way to support external video / audio sources such as TiVo within MC?.

Zydeco

AudioBear

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 08:51:13 pm »

BUMP, ANYONE?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 08:56:58 pm »

You might be able to get the files off the TiVo and play them directly.

Or switch to Media Center for recording.

It's also possible to use live playback source on some television capture cards, or to use line-in to play with ASIO.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

ccclapp

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 12:48:14 pm »

Or switch to Media Center for recording.

It's also possible to use live playback source on some television capture cards, or to use line-in to play with ASIO.

...as to direct record: am I correct mc does not record from catv tv tuner cards such as homeruns card?

...As to line in: I believe this is done by connecting analog outpost from TiVo into of sound add analog inputs.then mc can play through separate asio soundcard. There is a thread on this.
--Caleb
Pages: [1]   Go Up