INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Speaker Volume help  (Read 1412 times)

wig

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Speaker Volume help
« on: March 16, 2012, 12:03:01 pm »

He's a speaker problem I hope the board can help me with.

I have a JRiver ID hooked up to my Denon PMA 720 amp.

I have a set of Cambridge Works Outdoor-All Weather speakers hooked up to the A speaker output. 50ft cable run to my patio.

Recently I hooked up a pair of Klipsch KG-4 speakers to the B speaker output with a 12 ft cable run to my dining room. I'd like to have both sets of speakers activated at the same time, but the Klipsch are MUCH louder than the Cambridge.

Is there a device or technique I can use to level the volume of these two speakers sets? Some sort of dampener for the Klipsch or booster for the Cambridge?

Mediahome

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Speaker Volume help
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 12:59:17 pm »

It sounds like you need a passive attenuator. There are lots of "in wall" volume controls that would fit the bill.  There are also simple fixed level attenuators that you could use "in line" but you would need to know which one would give you the volume reduction that you need.

I had a similar situation when I put a DAC on my desktop.  Audio out from a DAC will be at full volume so I needed to attenuate it to a level similar to my PC audio that goes into the same pair of speakers.  I also wanted a mute switch so I got a Nano Patch. It works great.  Fostex has a similar product with the PC-1e for a bit less that is volume control only.

Mediahome
Pages: [1]   Go Up