INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing playlists does not appear to work  (Read 3263 times)

WakeleyAB

Importing playlists does not appear to work
« on: March 17, 2012, 02:59:16 am »

I am using MC16 (last build).  I have my music collections on two computers and have created playlists on one of them.  However, when I try to export the playlists  from one computer and then import them on the other, they do not appear to work.  I am using the .mpl playlists type. 

All I get is a list of the playlist titles under "playlists / imported playlists", but there are no songlists associated with each title.  They are blank.  What I want to do is have the playlist titles appear further down under the playlist section just as they do on my other computer (not within the directory "imported playlists") and, clearly, I'd like to have the music associated with each playlists appear and be usable. 

Any help would be very much appreciated.  Regards, Alan

goodlistener

• Recent member
Re: Importing playlists does not appear to work
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 01:20:23 pm »

I had the same problem and solved it recently.  The problem turned out to be that the drive letter for computer A and computer B are were not the same.  Playlists created on computer A directed MC to the G drive.  My music on computer B was on the F drive.  There was no G drive on computer B.  MC on computer B, reading paths in playlists created in computer A looked for music in non existent addresses, i.e., those starting with G.  I changed the letter name of the drive containing my music files on computer B to G.  After that, playlists imported from computer A with no fuss.  Good luck.
Pages: [1]   Go Up