INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pipe all sound to Server MC  (Read 1097 times)

Mr ChriZ

• Citizen of the Universe
  • :-D
Pipe all sound to Server MC
« on: March 18, 2012, 06:46:14 am »

I've got a Desktop machine hooked up to an amp.
I know I can use the laptop machine to remotely control MC on the server and such like.
Can I do more than that and actually pipe all Windows sound from the laptop through to the MC Mixer on the desktop machine and hence through my amp?
I seem to remember there being talk of stuff like this but I can't remember what was implemented.

Thanks,
Chris.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Pipe all sound to Server MC
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 07:19:52 am »

I've got a Desktop machine hooked up to an amp.
I know I can use the laptop machine to remotely control MC on the server and such like.
Can I do more than that and actually pipe all Windows sound from the laptop through to the MC Mixer on the desktop machine and hence through my amp?
I seem to remember there being talk of stuff like this but I can't remember what was implemented.

Thanks,
Chris.
Yes.  You use the Server as a DLNA Renderer.  See the DLNA topic for more information.

The DLNA Renderers on your network will show up under Playing Now.  You can drag and drop music to them.

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
Re: Pipe all sound to Server MC
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 11:09:39 am »

Thanks Jim.  I think the DLNA Renderer is one side of the coin - but I think after a bit more reading I need a virtual sound card driver which then streams to the DLNA Renderer - if I'm to get sound from all my other apps across.

I think the following recent post hints that this is an idea potentially in the pipe line.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=70087.0

I'll keep waiting :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up