INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Right click stack menu gone [solved]  (Read 3204 times)

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Right click stack menu gone [solved]
« on: March 19, 2012, 06:18:58 am »

To show the stack options I've to right click on any file and have the menu item "Stack" in the context menu, right?! For me it's not there (equal if I select one file, more files, stacked files, or not stacked files). And I cannot find it anywhere. Tried MC 17.0.103 and 106.

Is there a way to enable/disable the stack functionality?! My library contains some stacked files and I'm not able to edit/change or do somewhat else with the stacked files.

Also I'm not able to see any particle options or the new particle user interface...  ?

Can anyone guide me to a solution?

gappie

Re: Right click stack menu gone
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 07:24:32 am »

can not really help, since it is there for me.

but i have a vague memory about not having the stack items in the list, and i fooled around a bit and suddenly they where there.. now i gues i clicked at the wrong places. but i also added the stag icon and the stag tag to a list view.. its a bit a shot in the dark  8)

:)
gab

gappie

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 07:33:54 am »

oh... and it only shows up in views, in the file list, not in playlists..

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 07:48:29 am »

Ha, this was my mistake! I tried to work with stacks in the playlist I created for stacked files.

Thanks for the hint! I was searching the wiki and the board (and MC options) up and down but didn't find the solution. Perhaps the wiki should be updated... or the stack menu should be enabled in playlists, too. Why aren't they already?

gappie

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 07:52:12 am »

Ha, this was my mistake! I tried to work with stacks in the playlist I created for stacked files.

Thanks for the hint! I was searching the wiki and the board (and MC options) up and down but didn't find the solution. Perhaps the wiki should be updated... or the stack menu should be enabled in playlists, too. Why aren't they already?
:)i actually think that that was my previous mistake too.. i made a playlist with a file to test (i just found that one), and could not find the menue...  :) i think that menue belongs also in the playlists.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 08:00:29 am »

This was one of the first things I noticed when the new "particle" feature was introduced. I wanted to test the feature by adding a selection of files to one of my Playing Now lists (i.e. to my "Tag Zone" PN list) and creating the particle stacks there, but that wasn't possible. Similarly it wasn't possible to do that in a regular playlist. I had to resort to a complex search to see the desired files at the same time in a standard library view.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 08:05:09 am »

Hm, is it a bug or a feature  8)

gappie

Re: Right click stack menu gone [solved]
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 08:14:26 am »

well.. just thinking about it.. im not sure what happens with a particle if you make it in a playlist or smartlist.. the changes are it will disappear from those lists when you refresh, or wont even show up... but i just did not test enough with the new particles..

would be nice though if it would be possible

:)
gab

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 11:28:02 am »

Not sure about particles, but if you use the stack options you want in a library view, they are added to the "Recent" list in the right click menu and so make themselves available in playlist views ;)

Use options to increase the number of recent entries if you have not done so already. (Launch options and type "right" in the search box without quotes)

chrisjj

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 09:38:10 am »

the stack menu should be enabled in playlists, too.

+1 !

Why aren't they already?

Dunno - especially since the Stack Icon is.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 12:39:59 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up