INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art will not paste to J River?  (Read 6763 times)

idsticky

• Recent member
Cover art will not paste to J River?
« on: March 20, 2012, 10:46:04 am »

CD Cover art will not paste to J River 16?
I figure my naming is too long, ripped the discs, but for two albums I can't get the cover art to stick???
What do you reccomend I do to fix this?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Cover art will not paste to J River?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 10:53:11 am »

What do you have set in Options > File Location > Cover Art... ?

How exactly do you "paste" cover art?

What does the "Image File" library field show after "pasting" or does it stay empty? The Image File field shows the cover art link or status (in case of embedded art). You can add the Image File column to a list view.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

idsticky

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 11:05:56 am »

I have pasted 600+ cover art placements so far 2 discs with long Album names that will not take cover art
I go to cover art after copying file and paste form clip board, simple easy love this.

For problem to albums after pasting the image appears for a brief second then disappears.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 11:31:19 am »

If you have not changed the naming option MC16 uses [Album artist (auto)] - [Album].jpg in a single folder as the naming rule. The default folder is inside the so called application data path. (C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\JRiver\Media Center 16\Cover Art\ on Vista & Windows 7 or C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\J River\Media Center 16\Cover Art\ on XP).

I have never tried what will happen when the generated filename is too long, but as you said, that could be the cause of the problem.

In any case, MC16 is probably not going to change anymore, but if you only have a couple of problem albums you can easily link differently named cover art files by hand:
1. Outside MC, save the cover art files to a folder. You can use any filename that makes sense to you.
2. Inside MC, select the album files and do: right-click > Cover Art > Add From File... (browse to the correct folder and select the correct image file).
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

idsticky

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 11:40:35 am »

I went to list view and a number of the tracks have the cover art some do not??  I can't paste or the thumbnail will not take to the tracks in list view that doesn't have cover art form intial try.
I went and erased all cover art from all tracks and tried agian same thing happened.  Strange thing in some cases the file name is the same except for the classical movement name change (Adiago changed to Allegro)

idsticky

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 01:03:40 pm »

I have tried numerous ways to get thumbnails to take, not working. Some tracks take Thumbnails, some don't, so weird.  So for the fact some do not take thumbnails the Album will not take thumbnail covers.  Tried saving thumbnails to desktop, erasing entire album re-ripping, still no luck on two albums. 

Example of problem album, Thumbnail will not take to this track/album:

Album name: Berlin Philharmonic Duo, Jörg Baumann & Klaus Stoll - Masterworks for Violoncello & Contrabass - RW - Xrcd24
Artist: The Berlin Philharmonic Duo
Name of Track: Concert in B-Flat for Violincello and Contrabass by Zumsteeg- I. Allegro moderato

Appreciate your help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up