INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iTunes module within the iRule remote control iOS app  (Read 3203 times)

Z0001

• Citizen of the Universe
iTunes module within the iRule remote control iOS app
« on: March 22, 2012, 12:45:44 am »

I see that iRule have built an iTunes module to allow media acces from within their remote control app. This is an additional cost to the iRule package.

www.iruleathome.com

It looks like a really interesting proposition for uniting all AV and home remote control and media playback from within one user defined interface.

I would LOVE something like this for MC. It would make the entire user experience of both media playback within MC and control of HDTV and other AV gear very slick and intuitive, once set up properly by the user.

Clearly Apple have the numbers to justify the development cost by iRule, but with growing numbers of iOS and Android MC control apps, it would be great if iRule could offer a suite of media player module options, MC being among them.  I'd by iRule and the MC control app in a flash.

Anyone have any thoughts?
Z

Darth B

• Recent member
Re: iTunes module within the iRule remote control iOS app
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 03:18:23 pm »

WebGizmo can be run from within iRule.  It works pretty good.  There needs to be some changes to allow for easier navigation.  I use iRule to control JRiver.  My first "page" lets me navigate through Theater View.  My second "page" uses WebGizmo for navigation. 

SteveGoff

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: iTunes module within the iRule remote control iOS app
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 06:44:37 pm »

I combine Gizmo and direct control on the same page:

On my phone I use a portrait page for direct control of Theater view and a landscape page for Gizmo, so I can switch between the two by reorienting the phone.

Here is the page for Theater View control with th iPane:

Pages: [1]   Go Up