INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug? When selecting and deleting all files in a view, only track 1 is deleted  (Read 2535 times)

Von

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...

This is what happens: I make a selection in the Audio list, let's say an album, and all the tracks are listed in the right hand window. I click somewhere in that window to make it active, press ctrl+A to select all the tracks, and then press delete. (I can see that all tracks are selected.) The "Confirm action" window pops up with "Remove from Media Library" as the default choice. I press OK, and only track 1 is deleted. I repeat the process, this time all the remaining tracks are deleted.

This does not happen if I first click on one of the tracks and then press ctrl+A. Nor does it happen if I first click on a track and then click on the background in the window before pressing ctrl+A.

It doesn't have to be one album, it's the same thing if I view all albums by an artist, choose all the tracks and press delete. Only the first track on the first album in the list is deleted on the first attempt.

Right clicking the album in the Audio list and choosing delete works.

Von

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...

I am still having this problem. Using ctrl+A and performing an action does not necessary work on all files, only the first one, as described in my first post.

Is anyone else seeing this behaviour? It should be easy to test. It's consistent for me.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.

Somebody else reported this too, but I haven't found the thread.

Edit: I found it, but its in the Beta thread "Media Center 18.0.77", reply #7 by rjm.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

I'm trying to reproduce this, but haven't been able to yet.

Does it only happen in certain views, or with split views, or when clicking a certain spot in the list or something?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

rjm

Somebody else reported this too, but I haven't found the thread.

Edit: I found it, but its in the Beta thread "Media Center 18.0.77", reply #7 by rjm.
I corrected my bug description in beta thread Media Center 18.0.78, reply #3.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

Does the delete confirmation dialog say '1 file' or '12 files'?

In other words, does even the confirmation dialog show the problem or does it happen after that dialog?

vagskal

I seem to remember I had this issue some time ago, before MC 18, and probably reported it then. If I remember correctly, it only affected me in smartlists (probably with just a file list) and the confirmation dialog talked about just 1 file.

I thought it had been fixed since I have not encountered this for a while.

PS. I normally use split view with the first, top view hidden most of the time.

Von

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...

Sorry, it may not be quite as consistent as I thought. But there is still a pattern:

I have tested some more, and it could be correct that it only applies to smartlists. I tried "Recently ripped", and the behaviour seems consistent when I press shift+delete to "Remove from library". Selecting all tracks in "Recently ripped" with ctrl+a and shift+delete and "Remove from library" just deletes the first track. When I select all remaining tracks in the same way, only the first one is removed and so on, until there is only one track left.

If I choose all tracks with ctrl+a and only press delete, all tracks are deleted.

When I view an album and do ctrl+a and shift+delete, all tracks are deleted, indicating that perhaps it just applies to smartlists like vagskal says.

I am still using MC17 and default views.

Edit: By the way, I don't see any confirmation dialog. Where can I find it?

marko

• MC Beta Team

I see this all too often also, but mine is not limited to "Delete" specifically, it can occur on any multi file selection, and is not limited to smartlists only either.

Typically, I will drag a selection around a set of tracks, right click a field, rename, and heyho, only one file gets the edit.

I've been seeing this towards the end of MC17, and all the way through MC18 so far. I mentioned it once, but stopped reporting until I can get a foolproof way to reproduce. There's definately something up in this area, and has been for a while. Only other thing I can think of offhand is that any time I have seen this, grouping has been applied to the list, most likely using a custom, expression based field to group by.

-marko

rjm

I say again, it is 100% repeatable for me on XP and Win 8.

Here are the steps in more detail. Please execute them exactly as follows:
1) Navigate via Drives & Devices to folder with a few un-imported files.
2) Left mouse click in blank area of folder window (not on a file).
3) Press ctl-a
4) Hover over any file
5) Right click Import Into Library

Only the first file is imported.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

In a coming build:
Fixed: After doing a Ctrl+A, a list could reset the selection to only the first item if the focus shifted.

Von

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...

In a coming build:
Fixed: After doing a Ctrl+A, a list could reset the selection to only the first item if the focus shifted.

That's good news! Thank you.

Pages: [1]   Go Up