INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Harmony remote - website lists JRiver as a MC choice but its database is empty  (Read 679 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe

I was programming my Harmony 700 remote and for the selection of "Media Center PC" I find there are several dozen choices of computers to pick from.
With my other HTPC (and Harmony 550) I used "Microsoft" and "Windows Media Center" as my selections, but this time I saw "JRiver" so I chose that. However, after everything was downlaoded onto the new Harmony I noticed there were no pre-loaded remote commands. Then I had to use an old remote to teach the Harmony 700 every button/command.
Unfortuantely this didn't work. I screwed up and used an Adesso remote (the IR transmitter I use on my other HTPC) to teach my Harmony the commands,and I don't have a matching IR receiver on this HTPC so I had to start again.  :-[ This time I just went back and used the "Microsoft Media Center" for my PC selection, and everything (as far as I know) works fine. The remote codes were already assigned in the Harmony program, I just had to download them into my Harmony.

So the point of this post is: What is the purpose/point of the "JRiver" selection (if it just a blank database)? Why are there no remote commands (such as UP, DOWN, RIGHT, LEFT, OKAY, etc.) pre-loaded? If someone from JRiver got the product listed on the Harmony site, why not have the remote codes pre-loaded? Since the "Microsoft Media Center" commands work in MC - why not preload these for the JRiver selection and save the next guy some work?
Pages: [1]   Go Up