INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: With a particular dvd I don't get sound  (Read 847 times)

Ton

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
With a particular dvd I don't get sound
« on: March 29, 2012, 08:43:05 am »

I just ran into a dvd  (on my pc) that, played with MC (or MPC-HC ) doesn't give sound for the main movie. During the intro chapter, seeing the company's logo etc., I have sound. Then I get the menu and when I click on 'Play All" I have sound for a very short time and then there is silence. On my AVR's display  I DO see the L and R channel  and PCM.
When I play with TMT however, I do get sound. I also made a mkv file from it with makemkv and when I play that everything is fine too. The only "problem" with the mkv file is that I don't have a menu and because it is a compilation with many artists, I miss the option to select a song/artist directly.
MediaInfo says about the audio: 1536 Kbps, 48KHz, 16 bit, 2ch, PCM.
When playing in MC I see in AudioPath:
-Input: 48KHz, 32bit, 2ch from source format pcm_dvd
-Output:  48KHz, 24bit, 6ch using WASAPI Event Style (not using enough bits to output the input directly)
And in DSP Studio: Output Format “Enabled and processing 48KHz, 64bit, 6ch”.
I assume it has something to do with the settings in MC. If so, what should I change ?

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: With a particular dvd I don't get sound
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 12:16:50 pm »

Not addressing the problem directly, but you know you can use the new particles feature on the mkv file and define the start and end of each track/artist. You will then see multiple files in MC - one for each particle you create. Great for breaking a concert up into individual tracks, for example. You can even use the same part of the mkv in multiple particles, should you choose.

Ton

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: With a particular dvd I don't get sound
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 02:35:24 pm »

I could solve the menu "problem" with the mkv file meanwhile by editing the chapters in mkvmerge.
When I right-click now and select "Jump To", I see the chapters with track info, that is artist and song name.

Sill would appreciate to get a reply to my original question about the dvd.
Pages: [1]   Go Up