Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ~db=b  (Read 1760 times)

kaiynne

• World Citizen
  • I Changed this by choosing profile
~db=b
« on: March 30, 2012, 02:37:37 am »

I am trying to use this expression to track down some files which are hidden from view I think.  I know they are in the database because when I used rename cop move to sort everything into artist/album directories the files were moved, but I cannot find them anywhere in the database even using smartlists...

I just tried to manually import one of the files and it worked though so now I am really confused.  If I just try to import the whole artist folder it says no files imported.  About one in 5 of the files are showing up in the databse but the rest are hidden away somewhere.  I even tried deleteing the entore artist folder and reimporting but it only imported the same ones that were previously visible.

Any ideas???

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: ~db=b
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 10:07:31 am »

There are a number of databases. See

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Smartlist_and_Search_-_Rules_and_Modifiers#Modifiers

for the list.  Look in the Removed, Bad databases, and as a last resort you have the All database.  Generally your files will be in Main, and when not there because you've removed them (from the Main DB), in the Removed DB, and if there is a problem during import in the Bad DB (and next import will attempt to move them out of Bad and into Main).
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

kaiynne

• World Citizen
  • I Changed this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 04:19:40 am »

Turms out they are in the removed library, which is why I didn't find them with the bad modifier.  However, I am trying to reimport them with the flag exclude previously removed off and they are not being imported?  How can I move them from removed back into the main library?

MrC

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 09:31:12 am »

If a re-import does not import the files, might they actually be "bad"?

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 09:59:31 am »

When MC has marked my flac files as 'bad' it often turned out that the File Type, duration, and bit rate are vacant.

After testing the same files in another player and/or with the software "Audio Tester" and finding them to actually be good files I discovered that I could get MC to recognize them by tinkering with the tags.

By using the tag pane in the Action Window and changing the File Type, these other empty tag fields then get filled in and the files can be Imported.

Why MC sometimes does this is a mystery to me, but since I discovered how to repair it I try not to let it annoy me . . . too much.
. . . the game is rigged

MrC

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 10:10:23 am »

Maybe just re-analyze them?

Sandy B Ridge

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 02:13:15 am »

I'm confused by the title of the thread. In the wiki it states that the equal sign is ignored, so that:
~d=b is equivalent to ~db
so what does ~db=b mean? ~dbb?? Or is ~db= and ~d= equivalent?

?

SBR

MrC

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 09:01:49 pm »

I'm confused by the title of the thread. In the wiki it states that the equal sign is ignored, so that:
~d=b is equivalent to ~db
so what does ~db=b mean? ~dbb?? Or is ~db= and ~d= equivalent?

Sorry, I meant to reply earlier...

The modifier ~d (is the verb that) precedes one or more MC database (noun) choices.  The next = is optional (an adjective!).  As you noted, ~d=b is equivalent to ~db.  The thread's Subject of ~db=b would be technically incorrect since everything after ~d or ~d= should be database selectors.  MC, being a forgiving ol' sport, ignores junk selectors such as the specious = database and the subsequently redundant b database.

Clear? :-)

btw. I'm almost done entirely rewriting that beast of a wiki-page, the Smartlist and Search - Rules and Modifiers.  I'm liking it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up